• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

AIDS... in space! - Pat attending Confusion 2024

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
He's listed in one panel and one very interesting solo show this year
1705082581559.png

That explains why he was researching STDs recently
1705083001722.png

strange fellow

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Why do we need sexually transmitted diseases IN SPACE discussed in a sex positive light? Shouldn’t they have figured out safe sex IN SPACE? I thought these stories are set in the future? I’d think they would have cured all these problems? Who the fuck wants to read about a character getting space herpes? I bet Pat will claim everyone has an STD because Niki told him so since she’s prob got herpes and who knows what else.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
"Alien Crabs and Dragonpox: how venereal diseases are portrayed in SFF and why we need more of it in a sex-positive light!"

We need more STDs in science fiction? These people are fucking perverts man.
Also, what do space STD’s have to do with a good story? It’s a really weird thing to focus on - plus isn’t this supposed to be the future but they can’t figure out how to not get crabs?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Why do we need sexually transmitted diseases IN SPACE discussed in a sex positive light? Shouldn’t they have figured out safe sex IN SPACE? I thought these stories are set in the future? I’d think they would have cured all these problems? Who the fuck wants to read about a character getting space herpes? I bet Pat will claim everyone has an STD because Niki told him so since she’s prob got herpes and who knows what else.
Never watched Star Trek but I always think about Mike from RLM’s critique of new Star Trek because it can be applied to all new science fiction. That it isn’t about this fantasy in the future where the world is a utopia and humans collaborate to solve problems, it’s literally just about making modern allegories but IN SPACE! Of course people living millions of years in the future and exploring star systems would be literal Nazis or allegories for Trump. Makes sense.

Stealthygeekfan

SHE'S A NIGGER!!
Forum Clout
Which one of his books was it where the only thing he ever talked about was how the one character was a gay black marine?

Very troubling that pat would make that character have space aids. Why does he have space aids? Because he's gay? Because he's black? Both? Problematic Pat strikes again.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Also, what do space STD’s have to do with a good story? It’s a really weird thing to focus on - plus isn’t this supposed to be the future but they can’t figure out how to not get crabs?
Who needs a good story when you can just talk about STDs, gay/tranny creatures ,and a female main character?

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Why is Pat on a panel about writing for IP when he has never written that?
As close as he got was that wererat story and all it did was bring down the guys series. I thought someone looked into and compared sales and the one pat did had worse sales the others. I dont even think it was a whole book but a short story. Correct me if Im wrong, because that backstory around that wererat job is vague to me.

BoomerSperg

Forum Clout
Much like Pat, a lot of "sci-fi" writers today would rather write about their personal problems and politics (trumpf in space!) and put a spaceship in for a line or two then actually write science fiction, which they hate.

They have stds, is what I'm saying.

Also oh no no no these writers are just as popular as pat hahahaha.
hahaha.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Doesn't Pat have herpes or something, and claims all adults who aren't virgins have it? They say write what you know.
He does claim this - I’m guessing Niki gave it to him but she said it’s not a big deal because everyone has it and he believed her because he’s only had sex with two women and married both of them.

Classic Pat - gets divorced and gets herpes his first time having sex post Ade.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Never watched Star Trek but I always think about Mike from RLM’s critique of new Star Trek because it can be applied to all new science fiction. That it isn’t about this fantasy in the future where the world is a utopia and humans collaborate to solve problems, it’s literally just about making modern allegories but IN SPACE! Of course people living millions of years in the future and exploring star systems would be literal Nazis or allegories for Trump. Makes sense.
It really shows how little creativity these hack sci fi writers have - they think science fiction MUST be set in space when some of the best science fiction has nothing to do with space. Look at something like the twilight zone - science fiction yet probably only a handful of episodes were set in space. Sci Fi should be based on an idea of “What If” but these dopes can’t be bothered to actually come up with an interesting concept / idea.

But no, it’s just take what’s happening now and put in space and have people complain about their modern problems. Don’t forget Pat is very proud of his Hacky “Fonald Plump” character.