• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Actors that were fired from their own television shows

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
o and a.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
View attachment 161350

Before our time, for most of us, but the dad from Good Times was fired for challenging a Jew writer to a fight over a script. Of course Norman Lear sided with his own and fired John Amos, meaning a sitcom about blacks in the project had no father.
Even better most people who watched the show forgot / didn’t see the episode where they killed him off and just assumed he left the family.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Oh, that’s right - I think he had some job prospect down south, and in true Good Times fashion, God intervenes and crashes his car.
Yeah Amos fought with the writers because he felt they were writing them incorrectly as a black family with how the kids acted / JJ being a joke so the white Jews told the N person to fuck off and killed his character. Classic Hollywood “we’re doing a positive show about a hard working black family!” While firing the black actor’s father character for being “uppity” about how they were being portrayed.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
Didn’t anyone with a brain (no matter their color) outside of Hollywood think Good Times was nuts, even while it was airing? My parents were white flighters/a taste racist but they shook their heads and were embarrassed at the goings-on in that show.