• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWT Barry finale?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Well that wasn't very good. Bill Hader tried to do way too much different shit this season and the finale felt like 4 different episodes thrown together.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
It was sloppy but it was also hilarious. Barry being a seen as an innocent hero and getting famous through a movie was good. And his teacher going to prison for life as a Chechen drug leader was hysterical. The movie showing the teacher as a cartel leader and them still badmouthing the Ryan Madison kid as a drug smuggler was great. I would bet that if you watch Barry all the way through again the ending will be funnier because you will see all the murders that Barry gets away with that are blamed on others.

Succession was the real horrendous finale. Who even cares to watch that show again?

G

It was sloppy but it was also hilarious. Barry being a seen as an innocent hero and getting famous through a movie was good. And his teacher going to prison for life as a Chechen drug leader was hysterical. The movie showing the teacher as a cartel leader and them still badmouthing the Ryan Madison kid as a drug smuggler was great. I would bet that if you watch Barry all the way through again the ending will be funnier because you will see all the murders that Barry gets away with that are blamed on others.

Succession was the real horrendous finale. Who even cares to watch that show again?
Agreed on Barry, but not on Succession. It ended how it should have, with Kendall as the perpetual loser, Shiv the opportunist, Roman the cuck and Tom and Greg as the real "power couple."

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
Wasn't a fan. I thought the whole 4th season was really a step down from the previous ones. I didn't buy Fuches as some badass gangster and it made no sense that Sally would marry and have a kid with Barry

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Agreed on Barry, but not on Succession. It ended how it should have, with Kendall as the perpetual loser, Shiv the opportunist, Roman the cuck and Tom and Greg as the real "power couple."
Where they ended up on Succession is fine. The 'how' was not great. Ending was abrupt and unrealistic. Also Tom's last name is the same as a baseball player who made a famous triple play. So people knew that he would beat the three siblings to be CEO from the first episode. Which was lame and not clever from the writers.

The jew actor who played Kendall tried to jump over the railing into the water in his last scene, which was not in the script, and a bunch of people recorded it with their cell phones because it was filmed in public, leading everyone to know he had obviously lost the vote.
Wasn't a fan. I thought the whole 4th season was really a step down from the previous ones. I didn't buy Fuches as some badass gangster and it made no sense that Sally would marry and have a kid with Barry
Sally is a product of abuse. Her parents and Gene abused her. Her best friend steals her show from her. She also stabs a guy in the face with a knife and then brutally and viciously kills him. That is enough trauma for her to be in love with Barry. Also Barry worshiped her like she was Grace Kelly or Katharine Hepburn level famous. So she liked having him around to praise how talented she was.

Fuches being the Raven is just comedy. He gets tortured for information he doesn't have. And everyone thinks he is holding out because he is not a rat or snitch. So he gains respect accidentally.

G

Also Tom's last name is the same as a baseball player who made a famous triple play. So people knew that he would beat the three siblings to be CEO from the first episode. Which was lame and not clever from the writers.
I enjoy your posts on films and TV, but this is a bit of a reach. I saw an article today about that connection but am pretty sure it's a coincidence. The creator of the show is British, as you know, as are the bulk of the writers. You'd be hard pressed to find any Brit who could name even 5 famous professional baseball players past Babe Ruth, let alone some obscure player from the 20s. It's a Simpsons coincidence.

Wambsgans is just a silly sounding surname and added to Tom's Midwestern rube background that Shiv never let him forget and helped the audience take him less seriously. I could be wrong, but I'd be very surprised. Jesse Armstrong has a history of using silly German names - see Stefan Strauss.