• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Woody Allen?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Is any of that shit any good? I can't imagine it. I think I tried to watch the Larry David one once, fell asleep and never tried again. Comedy people love this fucking weirdo. Why are people that seem okay alright with working with/for this child molester? WTF? Did he have some early shit that is so great that he should be allowed to fuck kids?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
He's the ultimate degenerate. But I can't deny he has good direction on film.

Annie Hall has lost its luster at this point. There's still some funny scenes, but the older I get, the more I realize what we're watching is a carefully edited section of what was otherwise an anthology film. Lucky bastard realized he had one story in it that worked well and ran with that.

His serious films are where it's at. Hannah and Her Sisters, Match Point, they're so against what you think would be his kind of film, that I can't discredit it no matter how hard I want to. You look at the Kevin Smith's, Judd Apatow's and, I say this purely in terms of feeling, Spielberg's, their films feel very similar. Could be shot blocking, style, a feeling you can't even explain, but you always know it's THEIR films. Woody Allen, though, it's as if he turns on a different switch in his brain; the feeling, pacing, even the structure is not like his usual films.

I hate the guy for his misdeeds, but that IS talent when you can do that.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout

Annie Hall has lost its luster at this point. There's still some funny scenes, but the older I get, the more I realize what we're watching is a carefully edited section of what was otherwise an anthology film. Lucky bastard realized he had one story in it that worked well and ran with that.

His serious films are where it's at. Hannah and Her Sisters, Match Point, they're so against what you think would be his kind of film, that I can't discredit it no matter how hard I want to. You look at the Kevin Smith's, Judd Apatow's and, I say this purely in terms of feeling, Spielberg's, their films feel very similar. Could be shot blocking, style, a feeling you can't even explain, but you always know it's THEIR films. Woody Allen, though, it's as if he turns on a different switch in his brain; the feeling, pacing, even the structure is not like his usual films.

He’s absolutely a genius and a soulless degenerate pervert.

I second the recs for crimes, Hannah, and match point. In fact I think most of his non-comedies are pretty good. I even enjoyed Cassandra’s dream, but I think his best work was in the 80s.

The solution is easy - just pirate all his shit so he doesn’t get paid for it and enjoy. The highlights are worth wading through his filmography.

Forum Clout
FrankSinatraRonanFarrowWoodyAllen.jpg

That's supposed to be that weak looking jews kid? Obviously old blue eyes kid. Still a fucking kike. Allen isn't even his real last name. Crypto jews get the rope and the wall

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout

John Hughs films have that same feeling. You just know you're watching his movies.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
John Hughs films have that same feeling. You just know you're watching his movies.

Every single fucking one. There's no goddamn difference! It's the 80's comedy equivalent of a Marvel movie, sticking to a formula.

McTiernan at least had a difference between Die Hard and Predator, but if you pay close attention, and you've seen one before the other, you can still just tell. It's unspoken, it's not something obvious, but it's there.

It's not an outright negative quality. Ernest Lubitsch, Rouben Mamoulian, Billy Wilder, fucking Kubrick (minus Spartacus, but he was hired help and had no passion for it), even Fritz Lang - you can tell it's them. Their feel transcends genres and it still works, to their credit, but it can feel like a crutch, as if they're not willing to push themselves to go beyond their limits and make something better.

That little nebbish cunt pedo is the only one I've seen do it. I hate that he's the only one, but he really fucking is. That's genuine talent, damn it. Why'd he have to Fuck kids?