• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Quantum Leap?

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Since the new one with a chink in the lead, I’ve been rewatching the original show. I think it still holds up. It even gives me pissy eye moments.

I wish I had the patience to write more about QL because I loved this show as a kid. I even programmed a cheesy animation of Sam leaping with the theme song in MIDI for my 8th grade computer class.

The original series was ahead of its time. Some episodes were clunkers, but some were as good or better than any Twilight Zone eps. Looking back, the Jimmy eps, the JFK storyline, and Al's episode with his wife were some of the best TV of the 80s. Deserved a better final episode, tho....

I may watch the new series at some point, but I've heard enough bad things that I'm not sure I should. It's a tough one, man.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
I wish I had the patience to write more about QL because I loved this show as a kid. I even programmed a cheesy animation of Sam leaping with the theme song in MIDI for my 8th grade computer class.

The original series was ahead of its time. Some episodes were clunkers, but some were as good or better than any Twilight Zone eps. Looking back, the Jimmy eps, the JFK storyline, and Al's episode with his wife were some of the best TV of the 80s. Deserved a better final episode, tho....

I may watch the new series at some point, but I've heard enough bad things that I'm not sure I should. It's a tough one, man.
Scott Bacula refusing to come back should have been a warning sign.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I remember the episode where he was in the KISS like rock group, the Vietnam one with the picture of Al, and the one where he was Dr. Ruth the best. I really enjoyed the show, but the "evil leaper" storyline was ridiculous.

G

I remember the episode where he was in the KISS like rock group, the Vietnam one with the picture of Al, and the one where he was Dr. Ruth the best. I really enjoyed the show, but the "evil leaper" storyline was ridiculous.
The problem I had with the KISS one is that he jumps in and just automatically knows how to play guitar (or was it bass?). They never explained how he could suddenly do whatever skill it was the person he leaped into was doing. Killed the immersion for me.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
The problem I had with the KISS one is that he jumps in and just automatically knows how to play guitar (or was it bass?). They never explained how he could suddenly do whatever skill it was the person he leaped into was doing. Killed the immersion for me.
I guess that notion didn't occur to me at the time, or maybe there was some bullshit quasi explanation they gave that I just don't recall. But yeah ... that is a Tomlinson level of bad writing otherwise.