• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Dream Theater

lowend73

Forum Clout
Self indulgent rock?

Low rent Yes?

I need some advice, after watching them play Dark Side of The Moon I kind of want to check them out. Just looking for some advice, or to be told im a faggot. Either will work

The only two folks in the band I know is Portnoy, and the Myung (really badass, the both of them).

Are they a strictly instrumental type band?

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Saw them open for megadeth about a decade ago. Pretty good live. But havnt owned an album or searched YouTube for their music.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
They're great, loved them for years. Of those full-album covers, they've also done Made In Japan, The Number of the Beast, and Master of Puppets. If you're a new listener, for their albums, go for Images & Words, Metropolis part 2, Six Degrees, Train of Thought, or Black Clouds and Silver Linings.

Forum Clout
Metropolis part 2 and six degrees of inner turbulence listen pretty good. I have checked out since Manginni came along but excited to see their new album with Portnoy back, even though it will probably suck. They do some of the best faithful metal and prog covers out there

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
actually maybe you guys can help me figure out the song, Davey Mack used it as background music as he explained his divorce on the Compound Network

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
This song fuckin rules and it was in guitar hero world tour so fuck them for thinkimg they have a shred of autistic integrity:

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I saw them open for Queensryche in 02/03. Great musicians obviously but I need some catchiness somewhere in there and I just never found any of it to be that.

Bumley

Forum Clout
Dream Theater is for nerds. Math rock loving goobers. Rush, Tool, Queensryche, etc. They're machine-like virtuosos? Oh, great. My favorite.

On the other hand, it's cool that they do full album covers. I'm all about artists who pay tribute to their betters.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Dream Theater is for nerds. Math rock loving goobers. Rush, Tool, Queensryche, etc. They're machine-like virtuosos? Oh, great. My favorite.

On the other hand, it's cool that they do full album covers. I'm all about artists who pay tribute to their betters.

I wouldn't really put Queensryche in that group. They have plenty of songs with catchy shit going on.
This was only a shortlived radio song and I guess they only played it live that tour and got embarrassed by it due to its poppiness:

Forum Clout
Listen to Atheist instead brotherman. Dream Theater went big solely because they found a niche no one in metal had covered - a mix of the most obvious surface elements of 70s prog rock ("ooh, an extra bar!") with the lamest and cheesiest parts of butt rock metal. Their fanbase are pretty much all pedophiles.