• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Cruising (1980)

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
A bit of a tough watch because of all the man ass. But I liked the ambiguity. Sometimes you have one thing, then another opposing thing with a fine line between the two. This work achieves this cleverly through metaphor and imagery.

Cruising (1980) - Pacino Dances GIF | Gfycat

Personally I think that the real serial killer WAS arrested in the end. The ambiguity was that there was also another killer out there, who was not Al Pachino's character, just another guy in the cruising scene.

I think the most telling thing is that the director/writer William Friedkin said in the commentary “There are no obvious heroes in any of my films because I don’t believe in the concept of heroes.”

If the protag catches the killer, marries his girl, lives happily ever after - that's a hero.

If he catches ONE of the killers, gets a promotion, but there's another killer still out there. Ok, that's no longer a fairy tale ending, is it?