• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Clerks 3?

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
During the time I was in highschool is when 'jay and silent bob strikes back' came out. a year or so before then I first watched clerks and I became a huge fan. At the time I loved 'mallrats' as well but I couldn't get into 'chasing amy'. In my opinion it was a perfect time to be a fan of such. I bought 'clerks 2' the day it came out and even tho I thought it wasn't as good as 'clerks 1' I still enjoyed any medium that had the characters from this universe.

Then came all the bullshit associated with Kevin Smith, it just kept stacking up. All the different podcasts he kept pushing, the stupid meet and greets, the same old stories. After that the terrible movies started coming out - tusk, the stupid movie with his daughter, cop out .. it put a bad taste in my mouth and during a rewatch of 'jay and silent bob strikes back' I realized I hated it.. I hated it even more than 'Mallrats'.. When I finally got around to seeing the ' animated series' I just couldn't take anymore and I started to fucking loath Kevin Smith and that's without touching on his revolting online persona. Long story short - I finally watched 'Clerks 3' and I just felt this movie tried to hard to be emotional. It was nice to see all the cameos and call backs but I watch Kevin Smith movies for laughs and low brow jokes not to be reminded of all the shitty things that can happen in real life.. Anywho I guess it's as good as any to wrap things up, if Kevin Smith can leave it alone.

I give it 2* out of 5.

My favorites to least for anyone who cares. Clerks 1 > Clerks 2 > Mallrats > Clerks 3 > Jay & Silent Bob Strikes Back > Dogma > Chasing Amy

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
Clerks 2 was pretty funny and if 3 had come out like 10 years ago he probably could have pulled it off. I haven't even seen 3, and probably won't, it just seems like it can't be good.

Clerks and Mallrats are his best, followed by Clerks 2. The rest were pretty awful.
Pretty much sums it up for me too. Can I suck your cock?

G

I was a total Stu when I was younger, obsessed with the View Askew universe. But I won't even try Clerks 3 after the awful shit that was the new Jay and Silent Bob. I turned that off around 15 minutes in. I can still watch all the movies you ranked though, could just be nostalgia, but I still like them.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Worst was Smith's constant shilling for Marvel and Star Wars during Clerks 3.

We get it, Kevin. You're a consooomer and you want to work for Disney.

He's one of those guys who, no matter how thin he gets, will always be a fat piece of shit.

I remember he bitched and moaned about Lord of the Rings in Clerks II. "Why are people enjoying this movie trilogy that I have no interested in because it's based on a super long book series? They should be watching the Star Wars prequels like me!"

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
There was this "auditions" scene, where characters were saying lines from Clerk 1

but one of the actors said a line from Mallrats, Randal wasn't there for that.

took me outta the fawking movie, i go deep with the viewaskewniverse

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I remember he bitched and moaned about Lord of the Rings in Clerks II. "Why are people enjoying this movie trilogy that I have no interested in because it's based on a super long book series? They should be watching the Star Wars prequels like me!"
He makes the young guy so mad that he pukes.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Some people arent meant to smoke weed.
Weed is gay. I've smoked weed almost every single day for the past 15 years but I keep this hidden from almost everyone. Because it's gay and so is "stoner culture". You're supposed to think weed "culture" is cool when you're a teenager and first start smoking. No one should start smoking in their 30s or 40s. See Joe Rogan for the same phenomenon. (I am trying to get my older brother high for the first time at 37 because he's extremely straight laced and has never even had alcohol, but that's different)

Petworth dude

Run PFG
Forum Clout
Worst was Smith's constant shilling for Marvel and Star Wars during Clerks 3.

We get it, Kevin. You're a consooomer and you want to work for Disney.

He's one of those guys who, no matter how thin he gets, will always be a fat piece of shit.
He's basically an unsuccessful Jon Favreau because he never got to realize his dream of creating Marvel/Star Wars/whatever franchise shit.