• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW The Score (2001)

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Watching it for the first time in years, not bad. DeNiro when he still tried, Edward Norton playing a retard to get inside information which you can’t do now in a movie, and Marlon Brando’s last big role being fat the whole time. I read Brando referred to director Frank Oz as “Miss Piggy” and demanded he not be on set for his scenes.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The ending where Norton does not check that he actually has the scepter was ridiculous. Did he forget to stop being a retard? He also could have crippled DeNiro by shooting his legs out or cuffing him to one of the cages. Instead he lets him go and to no one's surprise DeNiro has the real scepter. The Score has the same ending as nearly every single other heist movie where the good guy is betrayed by someone but does a last second double cross and gets away with everything in the end.

When the other janitor finds out that Norton is not a retard it is hilarious every single time. It reminds me of that scene from Scary Movie where they reveal that Office Doofy was not actually retarded but was the serial killer.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It's alright. I prefer The Heist from around that same time and genre. Hackman > Deniro.
As I get older I appreciate Hackman more. He had a pretty solid career with not many duds and was able to retire years ago. It’s rare to see a great actor be able to retire and not have to finish their career doing shit B movies until they die.

G

As I get older I appreciate Hackman more. He had a pretty solid career with not many duds and was able to retire years ago. It’s rare to see a great actor be able to retire and not have to finish their career doing shit B movies until they die.
He did quite a few shitty B movies in the 80s and a couple of questionable Grisham adaptations later in his career (The Chamber, Runaway Jury.) The thing is he was always great in everything he was in, a scene stealer without even trying. If you can blow Denzel Washington off the screen, you're doing something right.
[MEDIA=youtube]aHMER1h4BNU[/MEDIA]
I'd argue that Gene Hackman was consistently the best American screen actor of the 20th century.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout

You mean like Pacino and DeNiro himself?

There is no aging gracefully in Hollywood, and there never has been. The saying about women aging out of roles, while accurate, is also applicable to men. Ray Milland was a very capable leading man in romantic comedies, with range to helm melodramas like "The Lost Weekend", but once he got too old to be a passable heartthrob, he ended his career as the lead in several Corman films like "X: The Man With X Ray Eyes", "The Premature Burial" and "Panic in Year Zero".

I can think of only two exceptions: Katharine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart (you can include Spencer Tracy if you want to be a cunt about it), and that's because those two became producers of most of their own late material that kept them in the spotlight.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
He did quite a few shitty B movies in the 80s and a couple of questionable Grisham adaptations later in his career (The Chamber, Runaway Jury.) The thing is he was always great in everything he was in, a scene stealer without even trying. If you can blow Denzel Washington off the screen, you're doing something right.

I'd argue that Gene Hackman was consistently the best American screen actor of the 20th century.

Yeah I knew he had a couple duds (that one with Dan Aykroyd comes to mind) but overall had majority good to great movies. Also I agree with he would be the best part of a movie, even if the movie sucked. Very few actors you can say that about, Denzel comes to mind - Walken maybe.