• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW The Doors

G

I like the instrumental part of their music (Ray Manzarek's keyboards in particular) but Morrison's vocals and awful "poetic" lyrics are complete shit. "There's a killer on the road / His brain is squirmin' like a toad" Yeah? Is it? Fucking yuck. Sounds like a 5th grader wrote it.

Also the whole thing of Morrison's dad being an admiral involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident :fighter_sm: while his faggot son is this hippie icon just highlights how fake and gay the hippie movement was. The more you dig into the whole "counterculture", the more it becomes obvious what a manufactured social engineering psyop it was, with all of its icons being linked to intelligence agencies, from military families, or some combination of the two. Although I still enjoy some of the music.

Toast

Forum Clout
I like the instrumental part of their music (Ray Manzarek's keyboards in particular) but Morrison's vocals and awful "poetic" lyrics are complete shit. "There's a killer on the road / His brain is squirmin' like a toad" Yeah? Is it? Fucking yuck. Sounds like a 5th grader wrote it.

Also the whole thing of Morrison's dad being an admiral involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident :fighter_sm: while his faggot son is this hippie icon just highlights how fake and gay the hippie movement was. The more you dig into the whole "counterculture", the more it becomes obvious what a manufactured social engineering psyop it was, with all of its icons being linked to intelligence agencies, from military families, or some combination of the two. Although I still enjoy some of the music.
But...But, Laurel Canyon MAAAAAHHHHNNNN!!!

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Why do you find it so far-fetched that a kid who grows up with a strict military upbringing rebels against it and becomes a druggie hippie. It kind of makes sense.

Do you think every preacher's daughter who starts fucking a bunch of guys is a psy-op, too?

G

Why do you find it so far-fetched that a kid who grows up with a strict military upbringing rebels against it and becomes a druggie hippie. It kind of makes sense.

Do you think every preacher's daughter who starts fucking a bunch of guys is a psy-op, too?
People rebelling against their parents isn't hard to believe (although there's a case to be made that this trend became normalized with the media promotion of the concept of "teenage rebellion", juvenile delinquent movies of the 50's, etc.) And if this was one guy with a dad in the military, it wouldn't be that odd. But as Dave McGowan argues in his book on Laurel Canyon, it's basically all the big names in the hippie movement that fit that mold. If you're interested in learning more, I'd recommend checking out his work. I don't always agree with his conclusions, but the patterns he points out can't all be dismissed as pure happenstance.
[URL unfurl="true"]https://centerforaninformedamerica.com/laurelcanyon/[/URL]

Just like the transgender insanity and the Black Lives Matter movement, the "counter-culture" movement was inorganic and heavily promoted by media at the time to spread its popularity. It was successful because of this and because it came with a cool soundtrack, people like drugs and the idea of consequence and commitment-free sex. Another example is that LSD was being tested on the population by intelligence agencies in the various MKULTRA programs, all the while it just happens to spread like wildfire across the country. And it's advocated by Timothy Leary, who gets all this media coverage and has publicly admitted working for "the Agency". That's a coincidence? I don't think so. There's a million other red flags that indicate how inorganic all this stuff, but like Brother Joe, I'll keep this brief. :image_9247: