• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

wwaw tha jeffersons?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
WWAWD Good Times? Thelma could get it.
Good Times was supposed to be more of a dramedy, but the cooning of JJ Walker proved too popular for the (((white))) writers to ignore. It pissed off most of the cast- especially John Amos. We can't possibly show a strong black patriarch of the family trying to hold down the fort without him having an illiterate clown for a son. Eventually that dynamic caused Amos to complain a lot and subsequently, he was fired from the hit show. Amos was motherfucked by Norman Lear (what a surprise?)

Edit: in terms of comedic value, the Jeffersons and Sanford and Son were far superior to Good Times. I'd probably put What’s Happening above Good Times as well of only for the What’s Happening episode where 3 black dudes (Rog, Rerun, abd Dwayne) are forced to bootleg a Doobie Brothers concert. Peak comedy right there-

Last edited:

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
Good Times was supposed to be more of a dreamed, but the cooning of JJ Walker proved to popular for the writers to ignore. It pissed off most of the cast- especially John Amos. We can't possibly show a strong black patriarch of the family trying to hold down the fort without him having an illiterate clown for a son. Eventually that dynamic caused Amos to complain a lot and subsequently, he was fired from the hit show. Amos was motherfucked by Norman Lear (what a surprise?)
I used to watch reruns all the time as a teen, and I remember wondering why JJ turned into a minstrel retard, then not long after James died. I just liked the jokes and Thelma's tight sweaters.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I used to watch reruns all the time as a teen, and I remember wondering why JJ turned into a minstrel retard, then not long after James died. I just liked the jokes and Thelma's tight sweaters.
JJ is why Florida Evans left as well but she agreed to come back for the final season if they gave her more lines.

The funniest thing I remember about Good Times is when JJ gets shot and there's a laugh track to it. Lol.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
Good Times was supposed to be more of a dramedy, but the cooning of JJ Walker proved too popular for the (((white))) writers to ignore. It pissed off most of the cast- especially John Amos. We can't possibly show a strong black patriarch of the family trying to hold down the fort without him having an illiterate clown for a son. Eventually that dynamic caused Amos to complain a lot and subsequently, he was fired from the hit show. Amos was motherfucked by Norman Lear (what a surprise?)

Edit: in terms of comedic value, the Jeffersons and Sanford and Son were far superior to Good Times. I'd probably put What’s Happening above Good Times as well of only for the What’s Happening episode where 3 black dudes (Rog, Rerun, abd Dwayne) are forced to bootleg a Doobie Brothers concert. Peak comedy right there-
Well put and indisputable

swole_edging_llc

snackie ate my ass, then she doxed me
Forum Clout
Back in the early 2000's they used to have those infomercials where they'd play the highlights from The Jeffersons or Good Times and the shows always looked awesome if you were trashed.
"Wheezy!"
"Dy-no-mite!"
So you'd call to order, but then always forgot to cancel after you realized the shows were kinda shitty.

What I'm saying is you guys should DM me if you want any Jeffersons or Good Tims DVDs

EraGodless

Forum Clout
WWAW Family Matters. Yeah it jumped the shark later on, but Urkel was always a hoot.
It was another show that was a comedy that had a bit of a story to tell- again, a black nuclear family and dad as a cop. That was pretty unique and a lot more real than the Cosby Show. The focus sure as shit wasn't supposed to be on Urkel. He was to be flaccid comic relief, but then again, the idiot audience gravitated towards that fag and whole storylines started being written about him. This caused a lot of friction between Jaleel White and the other cast (to the point that I don't think they talked to him much- if it all).

I'm not sure what season it definitely went off the rails, probably around the same time of the Urkel/Stephon character. That just stunk and again, turned a decent black sitcom into a fucking clown show. Kikes can't seem to help themselves.

Last edited:
G

It was another show that was a comedy that had a bit of a story to tell- again, a black nuclear family and dad a as a cop. That was pretty unique and a lot more real than the Cosby Show. The focus sure as shit wasn't supposed to be on Urkel. He was to be flaccid comic relief, but then again, the idiot audience gravitated towards that fag and whole storyline started being written about him. This caused a lot of friction between Jaleel White and the other cast (to the point that I don't think they talked to him much- if it all).

I'm not sure what season it definitely went off the rails, probably around the sane time of the Urkel/Stephon character. That just stunk and again, turned a decent black sitcom into a fucking clown show. Kikes can't seem to help themselves.
I've never seen any of the older shows, but I'm with you on Family Matters. I saw it in syndication and caught it towards the beginning, and I thought it wasn't bad at all. I like Reginald VelJohnson. Then it gradually turns into Jaleel White shucking and jiving for half an hour. I tapped out with Stephon.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
It was another show that was a comedy that had a bit of a story to tell- again, a black nuclear family and dad as a cop. That was pretty unique and a lot more real than the Cosby Show. The focus sure as shit wasn't supposed to be on Urkel. He was to be flaccid comic relief, but then again, the idiot audience gravitated towards that fag and whole storylines started being written about him. This caused a lot of friction between Jaleel White and the other cast (to the point that I don't think they talked to him much- if it all).

I'm not sure what season it definitely went off the rails, probably around the same time of the Urkel/Stephon character. That just stunk and again, turned a decent black sitcom into a fucking clown show. Kikes can't seem to help themselves.
I think the real point it jumped the shark was when they started time traveling. That shit was too goofy