WWAW Oscar Pistorius?

Jenna

12 paramedics couldnt save ur fuckin life boy
Finished the 4-part 30 for 30 documentary on him last night, whoo boy that was a long one but it left me with many questions. Particularly that both the prosecution and defense presented faulty arguments as to what happened that night.

The prosecution's case boils down to him randomly waking up at 3am, hearing her go to the bathroom, and deciding to stage her accidental murder then and there. While he's the typical douchebag professional athlete, there's no real evidence as to why he'd choose to murder her instead of just dumping her and finding another hot blonde because he was the king of South African sports. No marriage, no kids, he had dated plenty of women who came on the documentary supporting him, and at the worst he was going to get manslaughter charges.

The defense's case boils down to Reeva (the victim) being a silent idiot. He wakes her up at 3am, she then silently makes her way past him to the bathroom and only makes a noise when she opens a window that a potential burglar could go through. Oscar loses his shit thinking he's being robbed (it's a problem in SA as you'd imagine) and starts screaming REEVA! REEVA! telling her there's a burglar and to go hide. He then makes his way to the bathroom on his stumps (which they demonstrate take a fair bit of time) and she locks herself in the private toilet stall. Again he's shouting REEVA! REEVA! REEVA! and she chooses to just not say OSCAR IT'S ME! So he shoots through the door four times, then goes back to the bedroom and discovers Reeva is missing.

Anyone follow the story or have anything to add beyond "he's guilty/innocent because I say so, case closed"? There's zero question that he fired the bullets and killed her, but the specifics of what happened that night don't have any explanation that makes sense in context.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
"WELL HELLO DARE....DIS'EM BE THE OSCAR PISTORIAN....GIMMIE SOME DAT DARE WATERMELON OR I'M GONNA BEAT YOU WITH MAH LEG....HOLY MACKEL!!!"

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
I told it before probably. I convinced my wife his name was apartheid and he was best friends with Nelson Mandela.

TorpidSloth

She was a smokeshow. If he had legs, he'd be a chad worthy of such a status symbol/high value woman. The fact that he's a gimp always nagged self-doubt at the back of his mind. They had some massive, end of the relationship fight and she probably said something that pierced his heart and confirmed all his worst fears. He lost it and went for her. She locked herself in the bathroom and he emptied his gun through the door.

Jenna

A motive might exist even if it's not clear after the murder. For all we know, she could've called him a limp dick stubby faggot 5 mins before the shooting and that set him off. His story of burglars in the bathroom doesn't make any sense.

I don't want to get into FN posting but in South Africa, yeah a very prominent rich white guy would absolutely get a Cumiaesque obsession with home invasions.

She was a smokeshow. If he had legs, he'd be a chad worthy of such a status symbol/high value woman. The fact that he's a gimp always nagged self-doubt at the back of his mind. They had some massive, end of the relationship fight and she probably said something that pierced his heart and confirmed all his worst fears. He lost it and went for her. She locked herself in the bathroom and he emptied his gun through the door.

This is probably the most likely solution if he did it, but it still makes no sense. They lived in a gated community and things were dead silent until neighbors were woken up at 3 am by someone screaming and then 4 bangs. Any massive fight at 3 in the morning is going to be heard by the neighbors.

There's also no signs of prior struggle before the shooting. He shot her, he put on his prosthetic legs, he broke down the bathroom door with a cricket bat, and he brought her downstairs in time for a curious neighbor to come over and see him cradling her dead corpse on the foot of the stairs.

So it'd have to be they woke up at 3am, she whispered some cunty remark in his ear, and he decided to waddle on his stubs to the bathroom and shoot her. It's not completely impossible but it does seem improbable.

TorpidSloth

I don't want to get into FN posting but in South Africa, yeah a very prominent rich white guy would absolutely get a Cumiaesque obsession with home invasions.

This is probably the most likely solution if he did it, but it still makes no sense. They lived in a gated community and things were dead silent until neighbors were woken up at 3 am by someone screaming and then 4 bangs. Any massive fight at 3 in the morning is going to be heard by the neighbors.

There's also no signs of prior struggle before the shooting. He shot her, he put on his prosthetic legs, he broke down the bathroom door with a cricket bat, and he brought her downstairs in time for a curious neighbor to come over and see him cradling her dead corpse on the foot of the stairs.

So it'd have to be they woke up at 3am, she whispered some cunty remark in his ear, and he decided to waddle on his stubs to the bathroom and shoot her. It's not completely impossible but it does seem improbable.
I haven't watched the documentary and am going on half-read news stories from whenever it happened, but what was his claim? That he thought a burglar was in his bathroom and he opened fire without a) Ascertaining who was in there and b) Checking where she was? If it actually happened exactly like that, he still deserves to get locked up for being such a Panicky Pete

It's a time investment, but certainly a top-tier documentary. They make a great effort to present a well-rounded story; it left me feeling like Yimmy and I couldn't pick a side. Ultimately I think he had some rage induced episode – possibly just intending to scare her – and was immediately remorseful. The way he wails when he describes shooting her as he's giving testimony goes past gay and is quite haunting.

Jenna

I haven't watched the documentary and am going on half-read news stories from whenever it happened, but what was his claim? That he thought a burglar was in his bathroom and he opened fire without a) Ascertaining who was in there and b) Checking where she was? If it actually happened exactly like that, he still deserves to get locked up for being such a Panicky Pete

His story is this: he wakes up at 3am, reaches over to the side of the bed and feels Reeva there. He likes it to be pitch dark when he sleeps, so he moves a fan and then puts a pair of jeans on a light that was bothering him while Reeva silently gets up and makes her way to the bathroom. Reeva gets to the bathroom and opens the window, which Oscar hears. He yells at the noise and when it doesn't answer back, tells Reeva to hide but she doesn't respond, so he can't place her whereabouts.

He gets his gun and stub-walks his way to the bathroom, again yelling for Reeva to hide and saying there's a burglar. Reeva has locked herself inside a private toilet area, the documentary speculated that she might have believed it was a home invasion and was hiding, but can't really interview the dead, can we? Oscar again yells into the private toilet area and fires four shots, killing her.

He then stub-walks back to the bedroom and turns on the light, noticing Reeva isn't there. Puts on his prosthetics, breaks down the private toilet door with a cricket back and carries her bloody body downstairs bawling his eyes out until a neighbor discovers him.

What you said is basically what got him locked up. They couldn't prove it was premeditated against Reeva, but they could prove he opened fire knowing he'd likely kill whoever was behind that door.