• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WWAW Modern Country Music?

G

I like some of Luke Combs' songs. I heard a few by Hardy that aren't bad. It's not exactly my genre but I live in the South so I have to somewhat tolerate it. It's a sacrilege to a lot of people but I like the newer country over that old fucking Conway Twitty/George Jones/whatever shit.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Every single fucking country song these days has a line about "the back roads" and "on the radio"
I have to listen to that shit every time I go to the feed store. Georgia Florida Line and Cowboy Troy and all the rest, garbage.
Kasey Musgraves was doing alright. I can't stand any of it now. Just go back and listen to the classics. My aunt loves some Conway Twitty.
There was some attempt at a revival with "red dirt country" but that became such utter fucking shit with everybody claiming that's what genre they were that it fizzled out within two years. I can't even remember who the big acts were back then.

Mitch Weaver

Replenish fish van
Fuck those frosted tip faggots. I know all the real hillbilly brothermen remember TNN

also WWAWD george strait
I go fawkin deep with King George, guy is still recording great shit. And his tequila añejo isn’t bad (I got a bottle as a gift in 2020).

And I ain’t even gonna lie, I liked his stupid ass movie. Harmless goofy shit for dumb hicks.

Oh and Joe Diffie could sing the phone book, brothaman

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
In the early 2000’s maybe, going into the late 2010’s Country music just turned into pop music but with slide guitars, southern lyrics, and occasionally drums with brushes instead of sticks for a ballad. Nowadays it’s, like someone in this thread said, white people hiphop. They don’t even use live drums. It’s literally like all 808’s with trap and pop influences and I don’t even understand what makes it “country” anymore besides said Faux-Southern tint.