• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Mervyn's

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
I worked at a mall with a Mervyn's. There's that scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", where everyone is in a dick swinging contest about where they work. This was a real thing; nearly everyone in the mall was making minimum wage, but there was a pecking order:

• The most embarassing job was working at the CVS or whatever it was called back then. They were making minimum wage and worked harder than anyone at the mall and had to deal with shoplifters
  • Mervyn's was "meh." Everyone kinda felt bad that the employees had to dress up.
  • Working at the record store was by far the coolest job for a dude, and they lorded it over every other dude at the mall.
  • I worked at the video arcade. I think everyone at the mall thought our employees were retarded, but we had a small subsection of drunk teenage girls with Daddy Issues who'd come in and flirt with us. There was one girl in particular who'd routinely show off the liquor she'd just stolen from CVS. She was 17 or 19 and just cruised the mall, drinking out of her stolen bottle and drunkenly throwing herself at guys
  • By far, the most exalted employees were the girls at "Hot Dog on a Stick." If you google their photos, you'll think they look like inbred throwbacks to the 1970s, but when I was 21, they were everything good in the world. They NEVER came into the arcade, we were way beneath their level.

john-travolta.jpg

goo gobbler

UAlbany women's basketball fan
Forum Clout
I worked at a mall with a Mervyn's. There's that scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", where everyone is in a dick swinging contest about where they work. This was a real thing; nearly everyone in the mall was making minimum wage, but there was a pecking order:

• The most embarassing job was working at the CVS or whatever it was called back then. They were making minimum wage and worked harder than anyone at the mall and had to deal with shoplifters
  • Mervyn's was "meh." Everyone kinda felt bad that the employees had to dress up.
  • Working at the record store was by far the coolest job for a dude, and they lorded it over every other dude at the mall.
  • I worked at the video arcade. I think everyone at the mall thought our employees were retarded, but we had a small subsection of drunk teenage girls with Daddy Issues who'd come in and flirt with us. There was one girl in particular who'd routinely show off the liquor she'd just stolen from CVS. She was 17 or 19 and just cruised the mall, drinking out of her stolen bottle and drunkenly throwing herself at guys
  • By far, the most exalted employees were the girls at "Hot Dog on a Stick." If you google their photos, you'll think they look like inbred throwbacks to the 1970s, but when I was 21, they were everything good in the world. They NEVER came into the arcade, we were way beneath their level.

john-travolta.jpg
you must be as old as fuck, because i worked at a well known boutique fashion store with big parties parties every month with open bars and celebrity invites, but i still wanted to work cvs, because that's where the latinas worked. all i had was lavish parties thrown by jews (which was kind of cool, they didn't have to have them, much less invite gentiles), but i'd have taken cvs in a hot second.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
My local Mervyns was a dump, in 2006 I got a job at Macy’s, that was fawkin amazing. Got paid ok money as an 18 year old to flirt with bitches and dress nice, good times.

Life’s pretty much sucked since then.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
They did. Then they didn't. I loved the Kmart Cafe. They had Icees and these nachos that were good.

Oh dude, our Kmart still had a mini Little Caesars in it way after they had closed all the regular ones and we'd walk down there and get mini pizzas it was fawkin great. Kmart was a ghost town after Wal Mart got in across the street but they still held on some how for 20ish years more.

One time when I was probably 7th grade I threw one of those little sticky ball things on the ceiling in the back corner, books section. I'd come back and check on it every so often and it was still there, albeit shrinking, yet while it was shrinking this dark circle kept spreading out from it. When I eventually moved away I was back visiting like a decade later the circle had gotten fawking humonnnnngous. When I heard they finally closed it down boy did I lament the death of my giant brown ceiling splotch :(

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
you must be as old as fuck, because i worked at a well known boutique fashion store with big parties parties every month with open bars and celebrity invites, but i still wanted to work cvs, because that's where the latinas worked. all i had was lavish parties thrown by jews (which was kind of cool, they didn't have to have them, much less invite gentiles), but i'd have taken cvs in a hot second.

Yeah I started going to the mall in the 1970s

Spent many afternoons playing Pac Man

BraunsGhost

Forum Clout
Oh dude, our Kmart still had a mini Little Caesars in it way after they had closed all the regular ones and we'd walk down there and get mini pizzas it was fawkin great. Kmart was a ghost town after Wal Mart got in across the street but they still held on some how for 20ish years more.

One time when I was probably 7th grade I threw one of those little sticky ball things on the ceiling in the back corner, books section. I'd come back and check on it every so often and it was still there, albeit shrinking, yet while it was shrinking this dark circle kept spreading out from it. When I eventually moved away I was back visiting like a decade later the circle had gotten fawking humonnnnngous. When I heard they finally closed it down boy did I lament the death of my giant brown ceiling splotch :(
Little Caesars was at it's prime during the Kmart days. Especially, the breadsticks. They just kicked different during that era.