• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW learning foreign languages for no particular reason?

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Forum Clout
The best time to learn a foreign language is when you are young and in school. If you took a language when you were younger (like Spanish or French), I'd revisit it and a lot will come back naturally.

If you're trying to learn a new language from scratch, you need to be speaking it every day conversationally with someone or else it won't stick. If you just want to learn basics and how to read and shit, knock yourself out w Duolingo but you arent really learning the language.

G

You aren’t learning shit at 40+ unless you move somewhere and live there for a while or have a native speaker live with you and never speak English.

If you aren’t married with kids, gtfo of America or wherever you live for a while.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
You say some odd shit to people, dude

Dont you speak fluent Korean or some shit?

G

Leave! Never Return!

Seriously you have to immerse yourself in the language's environment...You will find yourself suddenly understanding long form-conversations about 6 months in. In a Year you will be able tocarry complex dialogue.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
What did you waste your life doing
I do lots of things, you know, chillin'
You say some odd shit to people, dude

Dont you speak fluent Korean or some shit?
I know just about enough Korean to ask a taxi driver to pull over to the side of the road before I piss my pants and the back seat with a fairly high success rate.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I know an odd amount of Bosnian just from being around them when they invaded in the late 90s.

Learned funny Russian words by watching so many of them streaming shit online.