• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Hippie Jam Band Bullshit?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
There are a few good ones out there, but most jam bands fucking suck. I have friends who are really into the scene and I swear they end up just following the same fucking bands around every year and don't go to any other live shows. You go to just a few jam shows and they all start to blend together quick. Why the fuck do I want to sit there for 3 hours watching two sets where guys are stretching out the same repetitive guitar solos and base lines out for a single song for 20 minutes? As much as I could shit on modern day pop and rap, Jam really is one of the most hack genres out there.

With that said, I do really enjoy Moe. and they put on a great live show. Umphrey's McGee is pretty good too and they play around with so many more elements in their music than other jam bands.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
There are a few good ones out there, but most jam bands fucking suck. I have friends who are really into the scene and I swear they end up just following the same fucking bands around every year and don't go to any other live shows. You go to just a few jam shows and they all start to blend together quick. Why the fuck do I want to sit there for 3 hours watching two sets where guys are stretching out the same repetitive guitar solos and base lines out for a single song for 20 minutes? As much as I could shit on modern day pop and rap, Jam really is one of the most hack genres out there.

With that said, I do really enjoy Moe. and they put on a great live show. Umphrey's McGee is pretty good too and they play around with so many more elements in their music than other jam bands.

This guy who lived in my neighborhood growing up had a brother who was in moe, I think it was the drummer? A couple of the guys from the band would come perform in his basement on occasion and invite friends/neighbors over to watch. I didn’t know shit about them and didn’t realize they were semi-famous until years later.

As far as jam bands go I can’t say I’m a fan. Most of it is repetitive and dull and the people who enjoy jam music tend to be insufferable narcissists

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
This guy who lived in my neighborhood growing up had a brother who was in moe, I think it was the drummer? A couple of the guys from the band would come perform in his basement on occasion and invite friends/neighbors over to watch. I didn’t know shit about them and didn’t realize they were semi-famous until years later.

As far as jam bands go I can’t say I’m a fan. Most of it is repetitive and dull and the people who enjoy jam music tend to be insufferable narcissists
Yeah Moe. seems to have a pretty decent following. I can say they're for sure one of the better jam bands out there. Something about their live shows just clicks for me.

Everything else though is the same old shit and pretty much blows.

G

Nothing like going to a 3 1/2 hour concert and they only play two songs. It’s terrible white people music

wow great take, it's almost like you form all your opinions from old ona bits.
ME: you dont like this ant? :brothaman_sm:
This is still the SAME FUCKING SONG?????!?! It's tearrrrriiiiiibleeee :image_9253:

fucking nigger hack

Last edited by a moderator:

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
I been playing guitar for almost all my life.. started in like 4th grade with an electric harmony.. since then I had a squire, 2 epiphone les pauls, a fender and a bunch of other random shit like a red johnson and even a bass. While I can find my way around tabs and shit I just can't pick up musical theory. my ears are worthless and only after 30+ years of playing am I finally getting to the point were I am not a completely embarrass to myself if I play in front of others.

tldr - nice story stupid - I hate jam bands but would give anything to be able to follow along and jam with others.