• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW da 8000 meter peaks?

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Had a wild hair up my ass about learning how to climb after watching The Summit. It's a doc about the 11 people who died climb K2 a few years back. I figured I'm not as faggoty as those people, so I'd be able to do it. Easy peasy.

Turns out it's actually really difficult.

Habibi

Forum Clout
Had a wild hair up my ass about learning how to climb after watching The Summit. It's a doc about the 11 people who died climb K2 a few years back. I figured I'm not as faggoty as those people, so I'd be able to do it. Easy peasy.

Turns out it's actually really difficult.
Great documentary. A lotta fawkin problems on that expedition. The technical climbing on most 8000s is something that takes a lifetime of commitment. And when a building sized chunk of ice breaks off above you, it doesn't matter how skilled a climber you are.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I saw the documentary the last mountain last year. It starts off with footage from the 90s with a English mother doing k2 and Everest but dying. Then picks up on her son 20 years on being a climber and he goes missing. It follows his sister and dad pretty closely including the moment they get the phone call they have seen his body from a helicopter. It tries to explain the compulsions people have to take the risks but I don't get it