• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW being addicted to smoking.

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
My wife encouraged me to quit smoking though she still permits me a cigar now and then as i managed to convince her you don't inhale it. I just stopped, there's a book by Alann Carr (torrent the audiobook) that people have said works like magic. I found the only hard bit about quitting was self discipline when drunk. If you do wobble after a few beers just throw your pack away before you sober up so you dont get into a rhythm again. But seriously, compared to opiates nicotine is like nothing to quit cold turkey, its 95% psychological so just prepare to change your habits beforehand. Avoiding other smokers, bars, drinking all together for a few weeks etc. Good luck,

(also don't be a fag and start vaping.)

G

I quit a few years ago. I missed it for awhile but now it smells disgusting to me. I still wouldn't mind ripping a few unfiltered Camels though. Vaping is too easy and I burn right through it, so I stopped that too. Dip makes me think of being in the oilfield where you can't smoke, so everyone looks like a grizzled first baseman with a chaw in.

Monk

Forum Clout
I started smoking Djarum Blacks when I turned 18 then eventually switched to regular smokes. Marlboro Reds or Parliament Full Flavors were my jam. Smoked for 10 years and I could feel it killing me to the point where I was sure I'd be dead by 40. I also started getting really self-conscious about the smell. The thought that I constantly smelled like a fucking ashtray disgusted me. I ordered a Kangertech vape and the pack of smokes I had when it arrived was the last pack I bought. I got into vaping for a few years and eventually started making my own FIve Pawns Castle Long clone juice but all the while I was slowly lowering the nicotine amount. Once I reached zero it became pointless and I haven't vaped in a few years.

A good vape setup and gradual tapering of nic amount is the best way to quit smoking. Vaping also satisfies the oral fixation and ritual/routine aspects of smoking addiction which are definitely not satisfied by other common forms of smoking cessation.

G

I started smoking Djarum Blacks when I turned 18 then eventually switched to regular smokes. Marlboro Reds or Parliament Full Flavors were my jam. Smoked for 10 years and I could feel it killing me to the point where I was sure I'd be dead by 40. I also started getting really self-conscious about the smell. The thought that I constantly smelled like a fucking ashtray disgusted me. I ordered a Kangertech vape and the pack of smokes I had when it arrived was the last pack I bought. I got into vaping for a few years and eventually started making my own FIve Pawns Castle Long clone juice but all the while I was slowly lowering the nicotine amount. Once I reached zero it became pointless and I haven't vaped in a few years.

A good vape setup and gradual tapering of nic amount is the best way to quit smoking. Vaping also satisfies the oral fixation and ritual/routine aspects of smoking addiction which are definitely not satisfied by other common forms of smoking cessation.
That F/N Obama ruined Djarums two months after I turned 18. Bastard. Took away all those different flavored Camels, too. My roommate was all in with Parliament lights and I told him he smoked like a divorced nurse in her 50s.

Forum Clout
everyone I know/knew that rips bongs past college is a fucking loser.
no offense, of course
F982F198-FF42-40AB-B57C-4A33FE78547A.jpeg

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
I’ve quit many times over the years, sometimes for weeks, sometimes for over a year but I always seem to come back to it. The last year or so though it’s gotten really bad where I if I even have one cigarette I spend the next 2 - 3 weeks coughing so hard it keeps me up at night. I probably have emphysema or some shit. In any case that has been enough incentive for me to stop just because even one cigarette now is enough to cause me weeks of regret and sleepless nights. For all the fawkin Harry haters out there tho smoking tobacco in moderation does have a number of positive effects including increased testosterone, decreased appetite and increasing the length and girth of your member.

I may have made that last one up but hey, if it seems to have worked pretty well for Don Draper

G

I've been a 3 to 5 cowboy killer or camel blue a day- guy for the past few years
one when i wake up with coffee, after the gym, and one or two after dinner. add in 3-4 if im pulling a tomlinson at a bar

it's quite the spiritual experience, reflecting on life, and you're inhaling death at the same time, makes me aware of my mortality.
the way i justified it is that i'd be pretty pissed if i got cancer in my 50's and i wasn't smoking

Ill get the odd fruity vape if im at an event or place i cant smoke for a while or when visiting family,
hit that in private like a little cocksucker to get my fix.

I don't get how people can smoke a pack or pack and a half day, it makes you feel like shit.
used to do it when i worked min wage jobs with scum of the earth derlicts in my late teens early 20's

reminds me of this suburbia scene (1996) (linklater) with giovanni ribisi. good existential "flick" back in da day

[MEDIA=youtube]gwdCyxvfGtA:226[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum Clout
I’ve been smoking occasional drunk cigarettes since I was like 16, and I’ve never once felt the urge to do it sober. It must be genetic because I couldnt get addicted to them if I tried

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
It's gay as shit. My whole childhood, I thought smoking was for retards and then I literally started because I thought I looked cool with a cigarette in my mouth. I never really fully got addicted to them until I started working at a plant and it was an excuse to go outside. I went ice fishing the other day and had to pull a heavy sled through deep snow and I got so out of breath I was seeing stars and shit. I never lose my breath, stamina was always something I prided myself on and now I'm running out of breath like a pussy.