• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Beef (2023)?

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
New show on netflix, two strangers have a road rage incident in a parking lot and vow to ruin each other's lives.

It annoyed me at first because it's doing the whole Jordan Peelesque "this is a story that could be about anyone but it happens to involve two Asians" dynamic but it's pretty fun once you get into it. Steven Yuen is great as always but Ali Wong is really good at playing a rich uppity Asian cunt. Killer soundtrack too, it's all 00s mainstream rock like Hoobastank, Incubus, etc.

Jenna

Forum Clout
Steven Yuen and Ali Wong? This doesn't sound like beef, this sound like sweet and sour pork! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

lol I think that's the joke. They're Koreans who have beef, korean beef!

I got about ten minutes in, realized that every single character was going to be Asian and tapped out. I'm a sucker for car chases though and the road rage part was PFG. I'll probably go back to it sometime I'm feeling more open to watching gooks act like normal people with emotions.

Yeah it's aggressively Asian. Like they go to a nightclub and every background extra is also Asian. There's one white character and of course she's rich and Ali Wong has to suck up to her.

But in spite of that I really find myself relating to Steven Yeun's character. He's smart enough to figure out how to get his life together on paper, but just constantly gets fucked by his own emotions.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
but beef is fairly rare in Korean cuisine. As a country that is over two thirds mountain and as such, very low on arable land, large mammals are too valuable as beasts of burden to be used as food, and until modernization (and still in the north, where it is punishable by time in prison) eating large mammals was taboo! They should have gone with something more culturally accurate, like "I'll Karate Your Gravestone!"

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout

Yeah it's aggressively Asian. Like they go to a nightclub and every background extra is also Asian. There's one white character and of course she's rich and Ali Wong has to suck up to her.

But in spite of that I really find myself relating to Steven Yeun's character. He's smart enough to figure out how to get his life together on paper, but just constantly gets fucked by his own emotions.
The photo they used on Netflix when I saw it made it look like Andrew Santino was the star.

Forum Clout
I got about ten minutes in, realized that every single character was going to be Asian and tapped out. I'm a sucker for car chases though and the road rage part was PFG. I'll probably go back to it sometime I'm feeling more open to watching gooks act like normal people with emotions.
Haha I love movies where they’re all Asians doing badass things. All they need is one (comparatively) giant white dude to come in and ruin them all. Tiny Asian v white dude in a fight? Whitey all day, barring kung fu fighting skills

Jenna

Forum Clout
I like Ali Wong but I will not be watching this.

Honestly I knew nothing about her except she did a gimmick comedy special when she was pregnant a few years back. She good.

I'm pretty sure this is the major thing Bobby Lee's ex forced him out of. His co-host Andrew Santino got a fucking part in it. David Choe used to host a podcast with Bobby's little brother. He said it was Day Shift, but I think he was bullshitting.

That checks out. There's three whites in the cast: Maria Bello (rich woman), some cute white bitch Ali Wong works with, and then Andrew Santino basically playing the Bill Burr role from Breaking Bad. One of David Choe's "henchmen" alongside the stupid Asian one which now that you mention it, feels like it was written for Bobby.

I mean the good news if you're a raciss is that there's zero LGBT anything and zero black people. There is a scene where David Choe's character screams he was 2 feet away from the infamous rooftop Koreans photo and could have been a part of history dammit!

EDIT: There is one lesbian couple but it just mocks liberal women who think lesbianism is trendy.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Honestly I knew nothing about her except she did a gimmick comedy special when she was pregnant a few years back. She good.

That checks out. There's three whites in the cast: Maria Bello (rich woman), some cute white bitch Ali Wong works with, and then Andrew Santino basically playing the Bill Burr role from Breaking Bad. One of David Choe's "henchmen" alongside the stupid Asian one which now that you mention it, feels like it was written for Bobby.

I mean the good news if you're a raciss is that there's zero LGBT anything and zero black people. There is a scene where David Choe's character screams he was 2 feet away from the infamous rooftop Koreans photo and could have been a part of history dammit!
Her set on Dave Attell’s Comedy Underground show was fantastic. That’s why I like her.