• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Wow, how profound.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
1701123369054.png

Does it make “so much sense”, Ooga? It’s not like a majority of shit dealing with computers is actually pretty simple in terms of abbreviations. It’s not like computers have to be instructed to do things by people, who tend to prefer simple abbreviations.

Then again, I guess when Windows95 is still an acceptable format in your country, what do you expect?

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
Ooga is a very odd character.

Look at his Wikipedia page. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oghenechovwe_Donald_Ekpeki

Some things to note:

- His birth date is listed, but not the year. Does anyone have a clue how old he is? He has the bratty entitlement of a zoomer while aging like an old prune. He could be 25 or 52. Very odd.

- He has more nominations for awards than he has published pieces. He's so far only managed squeeze out a few short stories and a "novella," while getting his name listed on some anthologies. He's basically a novice writer. He hasn't written any books or essays. His output makes this look like more of a hobby than an actual career.

- Which brings me to his "years active": 2018. So he's been a writer for less than 5 years yet complains every day on Twitter that he's not famous or wealthy yet. Meanwhile, almost every shitty short story he's shat out has either been nominated for or won awards. The Nebulas and Hugos even invented new categories just to nominate him. And he still has the audacity to complain that he's not making more money. The establishment is rocketing this ungrateful monkey straight to the front of the line, despite the fact he can't write - and hasn't written anything. Holy shit this kid is up his own ass.

- Nowhere does it mention his failed rap career or why he didn't practice law with his law degree. It's like he does not want anyone to know anything about him except he has "multiple disabilities" and he's a writer. He's very mysterious. Lots of vague references and omitted info when discussing his past. We don't even know how old he is.

The takeaway from all this is that Ooga has managed to guilt trip white American sci-fi rubes into bankrolling his international lifestyle and that's really more their fault than it is his. I mean, Rick has 6 novels in print and hasn't been nominated for a damn thing. Ooga is pretty good at what he does.
If you changed his name on all his works to John Smith and submitted it to the powers that be with a pic of a generic white guy, his work would be openly ridiculed

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
They would think the writer was schizophrenic.

There were these two students in the cohort behind me in my MFA program. One was a twenty-something girl from Tehran and the other was this 6'6 enormous wackadoodle from Pakistan/India of unknown age or origin.

Took the tenured faculty a year and a half to realize the Iranian girl was an ignorant cunt and vehement racist, while the Pakistani was literally, clinically diagnosed with schizophrenia. The Iranian girl went on to get a second masters in Europe and probably lives with her rich family while the Pakistani disappeared over break in his second year and was never heard from again. His submissions looked a lot like Ooga's - long names the reader can't be bothered to pronounce or remember, extremely specific references only the writer understands, bizarre dialogue, sentences that just abruptly end in mid-thought, lack of punctuation, unfiltered stream-of-consciousness, plots that involve nothing beyond the protagonist eating and listing off the things he sees around him... just the disjointed ramblings of a free-range lunatic.

You'd be surprised how far the "English as a second language" excuse can take you before liberals will finally admit someone can be retarded in every language. Some day we're going to find out Ooga has an IQ of 28 and SFWA will act like none of this ever happened.
How did you get access to his writing? Were you a TA or something? I want to read it so bad. It sounds like the Virginia Tech killer's short stories.

lil chud

Everyone I don't like is a pedophile
Forum Clout
They would think the writer was schizophrenic.

There were these two students in the cohort behind me in my MFA program. One was a twenty-something girl from Tehran and the other was this 6'6 enormous wackadoodle from Pakistan/India of unknown age or origin.

Took the tenured faculty a year and a half to realize the Iranian girl was an ignorant cunt and vehement racist, while the Pakistani was literally, clinically diagnosed with schizophrenia. The Iranian girl went on to get a second masters in Europe and probably lives with her rich family while the Pakistani disappeared over break in his second year and was never heard from again. His submissions looked a lot like Ooga's - long names the reader can't be bothered to pronounce or remember, extremely specific references only the writer understands, bizarre dialogue, sentences that just abruptly end in mid-thought, lack of punctuation, unfiltered stream-of-consciousness, plots that involve nothing beyond the protagonist eating and listing off the things he sees around him... just the disjointed ramblings of a free-range lunatic.

You'd be surprised how far the "English as a second language" excuse can take you before liberals will finally admit someone can be retarded in every language. Some day we're going to find out Ooga has an IQ of 28 and SFWA will act like none of this ever happened.
1. There's nothing wrong with being racist. And was she hot?
2. Schizos make the best posts online, so I would be interested to read a schizophrenic giant's work.

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout
31 comments on the post. Pat would kill for that kind of engagement.

It will be hilarious in a few years when Pat has nothing and ooga and Jackie have used him as a launching pad for their successful grifting careers