• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Wow can you imagine if he’d actually done this?

Forum Clout
He’s notoriously anti Bitcoin but maybe this is why. If he would have put his $1,100 in book sales into bitcoin starting in 2014 he wouldn’t be living next to the projects.

Attachments

• AC67EA5E-501F-407C-8602-26AAE5D8FC6A.jpeg
    AC67EA5E-501F-407C-8602-26AAE5D8FC6A.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 83

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
No joke, it's why he hates it so much. He didn't think to invest in it and he's jealous of those that did. If he had put that money into crypto and made money, his entire Twitter feed would be him patting himself on the back for investing in crypto early.
I think it’s partially that but also he’s too dumb to understand it so he automatically hates it and thinks anyone who understands it should be in jail. Funny how he said everyone involved with bitcoin should be in prison until the MLB got into the bitcoin game. Shouldn’t the brewers be in jail piggy?

G

I think it’s partially that but also he’s too dumb to understand it so he automatically hates it and thinks anyone who understands it should be in jail. Funny how he said everyone involved with bitcoin should be in prison until the MLB got into the bitcoin game. Shouldn’t the brewers be in jail piggy?
There's a short story by Faulkner about a poor white father in Mississippi in the 20s who walks hours and hours to get into town to go to the bank and invest 10 dollars in the stock market. The gentleman behind the desk writes his order up on the chalkboard and the father stands there utterly baffled by the activity going on around him. A few minutes pass and the gentleman finally erases his $10 and the father leaves with no understanding of what just happened.

I always think of this story when the CryptoPig starts oinking. He resents it because he's lazy and very stupid and can't be bothered to teach himself how it works.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It's also nothing to be upset about. The majority of financial experts and people who do this for a living thought it would be a fad. Hindsight makes them look stupid, but at the time it was the safe bet. It would have been a gamble. It is like being angry at yourself for not betting on a longshot. The problem is that he has to be smarter than every expert, he knows better than everyone and is never wrong. Since he also said it was stupid, it has to still continue to be stupid, or else he would have been wrong.

He can't just say that he was correct given the information at the time and it turned out he was wrong on the long run. Intellgent people do this often, because that is how you learn what was wrong. You look back and say, what signs did i miss what data did i not have that next time I should analyze.
This is very true, I work in investment banking and bitcoin was at first seen as extremely risky with uncertainty so clients were not advised to invest because it could all be gone in the blink of an eye. At one point JP Morgan’s CEO Jamie Dimon said he would FIRE any employee of JPM that owned / traded bitcoin (even if they didn’t work in the investment side if the bank) until he learned his kids had invested in it.

Bitcoin of course isn’t good for the banks (which is surprising to see some liberals hate bitcoin after crying all the banks are evil and racist) but they’ve had to come around since investors want it. Pig on the other hand is an idiot who can’t be bothered to educate himself on…well, anything and since he doesn’t understand it that means idts stupid and bad. The people who cry that bitcoin is stupid are people that know zero about investing, have any money in investments, and shouldn’t be listened to for financial advice. It’s the same crowd that said the stock market records that happened during Trumps presidency don’t matter because not everyone owns stock and owning stock is racist and only done by evil white people. Investing is now easier than ever with apps like Robin Hood, stash, etrade, acorns, etc. but it takes time and patience but it’s easier to cry life isn’t fair which is what these idiots do all day on twitter.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
One of the things that makes Pat so hateable is that he is a "geek" who doesn't know anything about science or technology. If you take the time and have enough brain cells to understand cryptocurrency you should be able to see its potential, even if you don't consider it a good investment. And if you're a "geek", you should be excited by the technology; it is futuristic cyberpunk type of stuff.

It is basically digital gold; a currency that cannot be arbitrarily expanded in supply by governments and that is not under the custody of institutions. He's probably too stupid to understand how a digital currency is different from using Samsung Pay.

There are arguments against investing in Bitcoin. I wouldn't invest in it because it is too volatile to behave like a currency. It is not a store of value, like gold or USD. It is only for speculation, which you can do with anything, e.g. GameStop.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
I wouldn't invest in it because it is too volatile to behave like a currency.
USD ???!!!
are you aware that more USD has been printed in the last 2 years than the rest of history?

Bitcoin's definitely volatile, but since there's a finite amount available the value is market-driven & not susceptible to inflation.

Most arguments I hear against bitcoin are more applicable against fiat currency

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
T
This is very true, I work in investment banking and bitcoin was at first seen as extremely risky with uncertainty so clients were not advised to invest because it could all be gone in the blink of an eye. At one point JP Morgan’s CEO Jamie Dimon said he would FIRE any employee of JPM that owned / traded bitcoin (even if they didn’t work in the investment side if the bank) until he learned his kids had invested in it.

Bitcoin of course isn’t good for the banks (which is surprising to see some liberals hate bitcoin after crying all the banks are evil and racist) but they’ve had to come around since investors want it. Pig on the other hand is an idiot who can’t be bothered to educate himself on…well, anything and since he doesn’t understand it that means idts stupid and bad. The people who cry that bitcoin is stupid are people that know zero about investing, have any money in investments, and shouldn’t be listened to for financial advice. It’s the same crowd that said the stock market records that happened during Trumps presidency don’t matter because not everyone owns stock and owning stock is racist and only done by evil white people. Investing is now easier than ever with apps like Robin Hood, stash, etrade, acorns, etc. but it takes time and patience but it’s easier to cry life isn’t fair which is what these idiots do all day on twitter.
The best part of all of this is Pat truly believes “wrong in every detail, stlaker” is an adequate response.