Why doesnt Opie get a job on one of those radio stations where real rock lives?

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
In all actuality, he’s probably one of the most qualified people around to spin records, and fm stations would kill to hire even a has been such as himself. Seems like he’d be better off playing some fawkin Mad Season instead of doing what he is now, which seems to be nothing. Is he doing really well just renting out his beachfront property? He has to be making income of some kind

Snake

682AFE19-C48D-4836-80D8-70D0C09B7C6E.jpeg

WhereWeAt

My only guesses are that he burned too many bridges or doesn't want to. If you're Opie, he was working 4 days a week in the summer, plus those O&A-style vacations they used to take.

Even if he went to a place like WBAB for $20k per year, he wouldn't be willing to work 5 days a week. As it stands, he makes probably $50 per show with those streams he does and he barely gets out of bed.

Who's kidding who? Nobody tied tto the show has put in an honest effort since 2000.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
He just doesn’t want to. He likes doing his own thing. Not sure why I keep defending this faggot but why would he do a shit gig he didn’t want to do? He went into talk radio for a reason and terrestrial has too many rules. Realistically he probably wants a Sirius contract again but that ain’t gonna happen. So he’s on YouTube. Doing it for fun. I really don’t think he’s in need of money. As much as I hate AntH, he’s still going to buy a double wide trailer in South Carolina. Then get drunk and pop xanny’s until he gets killed by the father of the underage trailer trash he was trying to fuck. Point being both faggots are doing what they want, opie just manages to be less delusional which is not something I’d believe even 5 years ago.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Absolute Bullshit. Opie believed he was Howard or Imus's peer. He believed he was the reason for O&A's success down to the depths of his piss sock.

The only reason he isn't working is that no one will hire him- not because "he doesn't want to"
You’re retarded if you don’t think a local radio station wouldn’t hire him. Absolutely retarded and completely delusional. Get that pockmarked dick out of your brains. He is a big enough name that most radio stations would hire him. Not for a lot but they’d hire him.

You’re retarded if you don’t think a local radio station wouldn’t hire him.

He'd take a NYC or Boston market job if it was on par with the contract he left at Sirius. He needs a job that matches his ego- and no one is offering him those jobs. And he very very much wants one.

He doesn't need the money- he needs to prove that his career wasn't completely riding on Ant/Jim's coattails. And he is wrong about that.

Last edited:

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
He'd take a NYC or Boston market job if it was on par with the contract he left at Sirius. He needs a job that matches his ego- and no one is offering him those jobs.
This was pretty much my entire point. I bet if he got offered good money he might do a terrestrial gig but I still think he wants the freedom of Sirius to do his own thing. It’s just not worth it to him so he does his own thing.

but I still think he wants the freedom of Sirius to do his own thing.

And this is where I completely disagree with you. He doesn't want the "freedom to do his own thing". He wants validation that he was the driving force behind O&A- and he he'll take *anything* that grants him that. He'd do Christian radio if it came with the right money and/or listener numbers. He *tried* to get a sports talk gig, which he is laughably unqualified for. No one one is offering anything that he can point to and say "See! I can do this without Ant or Jim". If he's getting offered anything its crap that just validates his lack of employability.

He tried to make OpieRaqio a brand. He failed. He tried to get post Sirius gigs. He failed. He tried to make viral videos. He failed. He tried a podcast. He failed.

Lets not pretend he has any form of artistic integrity. What he *does* have is fuck you money earned from riding AntH/Jim's coattails. And that allows him to avoid taking anything truly embarrassing. But he isn't sitting on the beach by choice.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
You can pay Opie, a guy who hasn’t been relevant to most terrestrial audiences for 18 years or you can get Ryan Secrest pretending to be in your town, who are you going to pick? Radio isn’t even close to what it was in 2010, much less 2003. It’s incredibly monopolized and prepackaged for every market.

Most of the “jocktober” shows aren’t even in the business anymore because there isn’t enough money or interest to keep morning zoo shows around any longer.

If Opie had “fuck you money” he would have spent a little and put out a superior product instead of rambling into his phone watching the sun set. He is broke or quickly on his way there.

His wife doesn’t work, his expenses are over $100,000 a month for both pieces of property. $10,000-$20,000 a month per kid for private school. They have a private chef that comes in, call that $5,000 but it’s probably more. And he recently stopped paying for parking in his building that was $700 per month, per vehicle.

He lost his family’s only source of income 4 years ago. They’re house rich but neither of those idiots made enough money in their careers to live purely off investment income, not at that lifestyle.

For as much money as people think Cumia burns on his network, about $20,000 a month before any subscribers, Opie’s monthly bills are way more expensive than Cumia.

Opie insisted on living in Trump Tower and having a Hampton’s beach house. Cumia had a McMansion with high property taxes. His monthly expenses outside of that were booze, pills and paying families to stay quiet.

Gregg is broke and it ain’t going to get any better when she leaves him.

Last edited:

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
You can pay Opie, a guy who hasn’t been relevant to most terrestrial audiences for 18 years or you can get Ryan Secrest pretending to be in your town, who are you going to pick? Radio isn’t even close to what it was in 2010, much less 2003. It’s incredibly monopolized and prepackaged for every market.

Most of the “jocktober” shows aren’t even in the business anymore because there isn’t enough money or interest to keep morning zoo shows around any longer.

If Opie had “fuck you money” he would have spent a little and put out a superior product instead of rambling into his phone watching the sun set. He is broke or quickly on his way there.

His wife doesn’t work, his expenses are over $100,000 a month for both pieces of property. $10,000-$20,000 a month per kid for private school. They have a private chef that comes in, call that $5,000 but it’s probably more. And he recently stopped paying for parking in his building that was $700 per month, per vehicle.

He lost his families only source of income 4 years ago. They’re house rich but neither of those idiots made enough money in their careers to live purely off investment income, not at that lifestyle.

For as much money as people think Cumia burns on his network, about $20,000 a month before any subscribers, Opie’s monthly bills are way more expensive than Cumia.

Opie insisted on living in Trump Tower and having a Hampton’s beach house. Cumia had a McMansion with high property taxes. His monthly expenses outside of that were booze, pills and paying families to stay quiet.

Gregg is broke and it ain’t going to get any better when she leaves him.
remember opies wife was selling sunset photos

also FH reily has been closed since 2019, check out this related search lol

1628749637912.png