• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why did Opie hate Steve C so much?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Because Opie always had a problem with authority. Every fucking day no matter where they were he would rail against management for some invented reason. This extended to ALL the producers too who he would treat like shit. Ben Sparks, Steve C, Rick Delgado, etc. (Who would all go on to shit on Opie after they left. What a coincidence.)

The only producer who didn’t get the brunt of it was Sam, only because he was basically Opie’s ball washer and didn’t get too uppity.

Steve was treated like an extra piece of shit though. Ben Sparks stalked Opies family, Rick Delgado shit on him in the news and Opie NEVER went after these guys. Yes, after Steve C left Jimmy and Ant would crack on him. But when Opie would crack on him it was fucking personal and rude. It would always be followed up with “Psh….FAWKINNNN guy wouldn’t let us use our own shittt….How’s that working out for you fucker. Now you have no job and a kid to take care of. Oopsie!!”

It was so vitriolic i always assumed some shit went down. Then I listened to interviews with Steve C after he left and he has NOT ONE BAD WORD to say about ANY of the boys. Opie is just a fucking childish piece of shit.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
Steve was a shit executive producer but he was absolutely right to squeeze those fucks for the foundry catalog. O&A were really too old to understand the internet during their peak. “Instant Feedback” was literally someone in studio printing off instant messenger style comments and handing them to Opie. Steve recognized the value of having video online and no one thought it would be a good idea to have opieandanthony.com until years after the fact. Once they got it, they stated tearing into Steve trying to bully him into handing everything over or atleast redirecting to their site. After years of hosting and promoting for free.

Ultimately though Steve was a coward who killed himself and left a wife and small child behind because his daddy called him fat.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Because Opie always had a problem with authority. Every fucking day no matter where they were he would rail against management for some invented reason. This extended to ALL the producers too who he would treat like shit. Ben Sparks, Steve C, Rick Delgado, etc. (Who would all go on to shit on Opie after they left. What a coincidence.)
Ben was fired from XM for spitting on a Stern fan and had a public meltdown and was arrested for stalking Opie and his family. He was legitimately insane and police were involved which is why he was rarely mentioned on the air. Opie dated Rick's sister for a while and was friends with his family so he never really attacked Rick. Rick quit O&A on his own and then stole their bits and reproduced them for other shows he worked on as if he made them originally.

Rick was fired from a NYC station for his Tsunami song which is one of the funniest O&A compilations in my opinion. O&A just laughed at his impending firing on air because they knew he would not survive the media frenzy.
Steve was treated like an extra piece of shit though.
Steve was treated like shit by not only O&A but also everyone else on staff. No idea why he stayed with the show so long. But no one treated Steve C worse than Danny and Anthony. And because Danny was protected by Anthony he would basically rip on everyone feeling invincible. Danny would even try to attack the comedians and was put in his place by Patrice once for stepping out of line.

But there is still no proof that Steve C killed himself over O&A. All signs point to his surgery complications and his relationship with his wife being the real cause.
Ben Sparks stalked Opies family, Rick Delgado shit on him in the news and Opie NEVER went after these guys.
Opie did go after Ben just off the air because police and lawyers were involved. Same reason Norton never mentioned Roy Den Hollander on the air until his lawsuit was settled. When lawyers told them to keep quiet they would. It would obviously have been amazing radio to hear Opie talking about Ben. Or Norton talking about Roy Den Hollander (especially now after the shooting). But they kept silent on purpose.

As for why Opie was silent on Rick it was because he moved on. And Rick stopped mentioning Opie in his interviews and moved on as well.
Yes, after Steve C left Jimmy and Ant would crack on him. But when Opie would crack on him it was fucking personal and rude. It would always be followed up with “Psh….FAWKINNNN guy wouldn’t let us use our own shittt….How’s that working out for you fucker. Now you have no job and a kid to take care of. Oopsie!!”

It was so vitriolic i always assumed some shit went down. Then I listened to interviews with Steve C after he left and he has NOT ONE BAD WORD to say about ANY of the boys. Opie is just a fucking childish piece of shit.
Opie and Steve talked once after Sirius fired Steve and patched things up for the most part. So Steve had no reason to be angry at OPie. And it was not O&A who fired Steve it was Sirius who fired him and did not allow O&A to even hire a replacement producer. They fired the entire position because management was incompetent. Neither Opie nor Anthony knew that Steve was going to be fired. Steve's Mondays off and sick days fiasco likely caused management to put a target on his back.

And neither Anthony nor Opie could save themselves from being fired by Sirius. So they could not have saved Steve C.

Greygooser

Quietly now
Forum Clout
Ben was fired from XM for spitting on a Stern fan and had a public meltdown and was arrested for stalking Opie and his family. He was legitimately insane and police were involved which is why he was rarely mentioned on the air. Opie dated Rick's sister for a while and was friends with his family so he never really attacked Rick. Rick quit O&A on his own and then stole their bits and reproduced them for other shows he worked on as if he made them originally.

Rick was fired from a NYC station for his Tsunami song which is one of the funniest O&A compilations in my opinion. O&A just laughed at his impending firing on air because they knew he would not survive the media frenzy.

Steve was treated like shit by not only O&A but also everyone else on staff. No idea why he stayed with the show so long. But no one treated Steve C worse than Danny and Anthony. And because Danny was protected by Anthony he would basically rip on everyone feeling invincible. Danny would even try to attack the comedians and was put in his place by Patrice once for stepping out of line.

But there is still no proof that Steve C killed himself over O&A. All signs point to his surgery complications and his relationship with his wife being the real cause.

Opie did go after Ben just off the air because police and lawyers were involved. Same reason Norton never mentioned Roy Den Hollander on the air until his lawsuit was settled. When lawyers told them to keep quiet they would. It would obviously have been amazing radio to hear Opie talking about Ben. Or Norton talking about Roy Den Hollander (especially now after the shooting). But they kept silent on purpose.

As for why Opie was silent on Rick it was because he moved on. And Rick stopped mentioning Opie in his interviews and moved on as well.

Opie and Steve talked once after Sirius fired Steve and patched things up for the most part. So Steve had no reason to be angry at OPie. And it was not O&A who fired Steve it was Sirius who fired him and did not allow O&A to even hire a replacement producer. They fired the entire position because management was incompetent. Neither Opie nor Anthony knew that Steve was going to be fired. Steve's Mondays off and sick days fiasco likely caused management to put a target on his back.

And neither Anthony nor Opie could save themselves from being fired by Sirius. So they could not have saved Steve C.
Yeah I remember they said they eliminated the position of executive producer. Seems like bullshit, because wasn’t Travis eventually given a promotion to senior producer? (Then demoted after he kicked intern Stevie in the balls)

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout

Didn’t Norton hire Steve’s wife as a personal trainer? And we know how awkward he is towards women he employs. See Lauren.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Steve was a shit executive producer but he was absolutely right to squeeze those fucks for the foundry catalog. O&A were really too old to understand the internet during their peak. “Instant Feedback” was literally someone in studio printing off instant messenger style comments and handing them to Opie. Steve recognized the value of having video online and no one thought it would be a good idea to have opieandanthony.com until years after the fact. Once they got it, they stated tearing into Steve trying to bully him into handing everything over or atleast redirecting to their site. After years of hosting and promoting for free.

Ultimately though Steve was a coward who killed himself and left a wife and small child behind because his daddy called him fat.

You are correct in everything except that Opieandanthony.com was actually created by Anthony in the WAAF days. It now links to CP media.

GOD DAMN RICH CUNT

and then she shoved hay in her twat and asshole
Forum Clout
Not surprising. Steve never looked for a confrontation, he just wanted to be left alone.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Forum Clout
Steve C created FoundryMusic which was named after his band. If you have not listened to the Pendulum remix contest on O&A that is a good one.
You are correct, I'm just pointing out that O&A have always had a website. Ant was fairly tech savvy even in the mid 90s. Opieandanthony.com is now ChildPound Media. And yes that's a great one.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Forum Clout
What was the origin of the Steve C/Anthony feud? I remember Anthony referencing something that happened years before that destroyed their relationship. It was during the Patrice Platoon bit.
I don't know if that was in reference to the tension regarding selling them their videos, as I think it was around that time. Ant says they "used to be friends but things happen".

Forum Clout
Yeah I remember they said they eliminated the position of executive producer. Seems like bullshit, because wasn’t Travis eventually given a promotion to senior producer? (Then demoted after he kicked intern Stevie in the balls)

I'd say the main reason is money. Sirius had to pay Steve C's XM legacy salary. Much easier to eliminate that position, then if they ever need another EP, create a new role for it at 1/3 of the pay. I'm sure Sam has never been paid anything near what the original XM staffers (Steve and Erock) got, either as executive producer in 2014-15, or as a cohost.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I saw a clip a few months ago where Ant basically blamed Opie for getting Steve fired by talking shit about him to the bosses. Then he did the Steve impression and said "YESSS I'm going to hang myself now" which I admit did give me a chuckle.
The YEESSSSS thing was always so funny. Anthony could at least mock people in a clever way without going fawkin scorched earth to zero laughs. Howard being the biggest example of this.