• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why did Anna Merlan drop the article?

BudDickman

Forum Clout
It's pretty weird that this woman was getting ready to write some boring one-sided article about a fat nobody being harassed by Nazi incels or whatever, and then she drops the story as soon as she discovered that it is actually way more interesting than she thought going in. It's almost like she's not a real journalist, but a propagandist.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
Regardless of political stance, this whole thing wouldve made for a great article. Could’ve probably gained some traction in quite a few diff outlets if she played the cards right. But she wont. She works for Vice. That tells you all you need to know about her intelligence level. Shes a fucking retard.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
In 2018, Lynn directed and released the short film Nothing’s Ever Wrong, which featured actor Jay Mohr fully nude for the first time in his career. The resulting speculation about the nature of their relationship led to a barrage of online harassment towards both, including a coordinated misinformation campaign by thousands of fans of the Opie and Anthony radio show.[57][58] In March 2019, People magazine published an exclusive piece on Lynn, detailing the months of targeted harassment and homophobic abuse, which stemmed from a since-deleted hate group on Reddit about shock jocks Opie and Anthony. Regarding the widespread bullying, Lynn told People “It’s been my experience that nothing triggers this type of toxic masculinity culture more than a gay man who isn’t afraid, and I can’t think of anything I am less afraid of than a bunch of fragile dudes who can’t deal with my existence.”

---

There is certainly precedence for media coverage of the thousands of fans of OnA and their targeted harassment.

G

She never told us, but she dropped it literally a day or 2 after Patrick emailed Josiah 5 *very* obviously fake voicemail messages (you can hear them here: [URL]https://apostlegate.net/2021/10/03/chapter-5-civil-war-at-the-california-quash-smackdown/[/URL]). She probably sensed that Patrick was lying/exaggerating/faking/provoking much of his "harassment". My guess is she did a phoner with Pat and maybe she asked him a question he didn't like and he got defensive, idk. Pat is a really bad liar. She had been working on the story since at least February so it was only a matter of time before she realized he was full of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

She never told us, but she dropped it literally a day or 2 after Patrick emailed Josiah 5 *very* obviously fake voicemail messages left by (you can hear them here: [URL]https://apostlegate.net/2021/10/03/chapter-5-civil-war-at-the-california-quash-smackdown/[/URL]). She probably sensed that Patrick was lying/exaggerating/faking/provoking much of his "harassment". My guess is she did a phoner with Pat and maybe she asked him a question he didn't like and he got defensive, idk. Pat is a really bad liar. She had been working on the story since at least February so it was only a matter of time before she realized he was full of shit.
I think she realized Patrick was an unreliable informant and was bringing this on himself, but she probably also considered that she'd walked into something she did not understand and didn't want to get sucked in.
There's no way Vice would publish a real account of what's happened here, even if it is the most interesting version of that story.

G

Btw someone posted this in the covid bullshit thread. Anna is a fucking idiot. Full on pharma shill and pro mandates/lockdowns/etc.

1640363656340.png

Niki's Bull

Strawberry Letter 23
Forum Clout
It should also be noted that Anna Merlan was one of the dumbest and most credulous journalists during the whole UVA rape on campus story, which was one of the most egregious journalistic missteps of the past century. What I'm trying to say is that she is as dumb as Pat is grossly overweight.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
Patrick sent her a bunch of pictures from his evidence folder and "accidentally" included a picture of his erect penis.

"Oopsie Doodles. Didn't mean to send that. V. embarrassing", he texted.

"Okay, It happens. Thanks for the apology I guess", replied Anna

15 minutes pass

"Sooo...... Whatchya thinkin'?"

BudDickman

Forum Clout
Because it wasn't worth potentially embarrassing herself just to pen another article about an alt right community attacking a brave, outspoken Twitter leftie.

It's kind of surprising that he hasn't started simping for her yet.
That supports the idea that Pat supplied false evidence or embellished and she was like "that sounds far fetched".

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
Yea, as soon as it wasn't an alt-right forum picking on a defenseless Twitter lefty, she wasn't interested. Some journalist.

That, plus I'm sure she realizes Pat's a complete retard, and having her name tied into anything involving a catfish is bad for her.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
That supports the idea that Pat supplied false evidence or embellished and she was like "that sounds far fetched".
There's too much doubt and sketchiness to take on the risk of Pat's story, especially since all it will yield is yet another article about the alt right. High risk, low reward so no interest.