• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why current Sci Fi sucks

Didn’t abandon daughter
Forum Clout
It’s been said and I agree, shoehorning of current identity issues and such. What made Omar in The Wire an iconic gay character was his sexual preference directly influenced the character and the story around him. He became the hardest man in the street because he had to overcome the stereotype of being a sissy, and in poor uneducated areas gays are often persecuted by everyone especially blacks.

Also their science is not accurate. In the black has hyperspace travel and can bend gravity to their will. However prevention of skin cancer is a no.

bombvest

Forum Clout
c74

I don't even blame Sci Fi or anything else. it's the quality of men in general.

Forum Clout
It's a little simpler than that. Sci-fi used to be about the ordinary man dreaming of and creating the extraordinary.

It shifted after the pulp era to be the extraordinary man doing ordinary things to create a sense of "realism".

It just made for boring. This was pre-social justice bullshit which just was mentally ill weirdos dancing on the grave of a formerly great genre.

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout
It all sucks because the people creating the shit are trying to be smart and subvert the expectations of the audience. Every action has to be conflicted, every character has to have some deep secret, every event has to be high octane garbage.

Every good story that any of us have ever liked involved 3 things, a bad guy or guys, a good guy or guys, and an ultimate goal that the story builds towards. The true talent involves filling in the blank spaces in between those things in a way that people can suspend disbelief.

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
Forum Clout
The pandering to the woke crowd is annoying and makes things unenjoyable. Like the Disney era Star Wars stuff. Episode 7, Rogue One and Solo are all good and don’t pander. Episode 8 and 9 suck and are full of woke bullshit. The Mandalorian screen wise is good and doesent pander, but behind the scenes with the Gina Carrano stuff, it’s also just a woke nightmare as well. I can’t believe Disney, a company supported by conservative values more than any other is now the cesspool of woke bullshit.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
I can’t believe Disney, a company supported by conservative values more than any other is now the cesspool of woke bullshit.

Disney held pride parades in its parks thirty years ago. The Southern Baptists tried to boycott Disney in the '90s, but that failed because Baptists are retards who don't have any money to boycott with.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
It's a little simpler than that. Sci-fi used to be about the ordinary man dreaming of and creating the extraordinary.

It shifted after the pulp era to be the extraordinary man doing ordinary things to create a sense of "realism".

It just made for boring. This was pre-social justice bullshit which just was mentally ill weirdos dancing on the grave of a formerly great genre.

there’s nothing wrong with commenting on political or social issues, as long as it makes sense in the story and sounds like the characters voice, not the authors.

I’m reading CS Lewis’s “out of a silent planet” trilogy and it’s incredible, it’s also extremely scientifically literate - far more so than any of the SFWA crap written today - despite being almost 100 years old and not particularly trying to be scientifically accurate.

You can break it down endlessly and point out all the SJW/consoomer man child crap which has ruined sci fi, and you’d be right, but more importantly they’re just aren’t that many good authors anymore. Anything can be forgiven if you’re writing a compelling interesting story really, that’s what they all fail at though. They can’t write.

G

The pandering to the woke crowd is annoying and makes things unenjoyable. Like the Disney era Star Wars stuff. Episode 7, Rogue One and Solo are all good and don’t pander. Episode 8 and 9 suck and are full of woke bullshit. The Mandalorian screen wise is good and doesent pander, but behind the scenes with the Gina Carrano stuff, it’s also just a woke nightmare as well. I can’t believe Disney, a company supported by conservative values more than any other is now the cesspool of woke bullshit.
I tapped out on the Boba Fett shit after two episodes. As someone whose earliest Star Wars memories include seeing ROTJ in the the theater, that's a big deal. Like every kid of the 80s, Boba Fett was my favorite.

I really want to like this shit BUT I CANT WATCH IT BECAUSE ITS AN SJW ABORTION

(Rogue One and Mandalorian were actually decent FWIW)

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Current sci fi sucks because “science” has been hijacked by socially autistic atheist types like Neil degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye and their marvel consoomer fan boys, who are just low IQ physically incapable losers who think they are smart because they don’t believe in god.

I was going to study physics at college but I wasn’t confident enough in my self in turning it into a career, so I got a computer science degree. I used to love sci fi but it’s now all uneducated fat retards like Pat writing it, being condescending and faggy.

I love sci fi, but I’m someone who thinks it’s important to provide for my family and has a routine of going to church once a week and the gym three times a week, so there’s nothing for me anymore. The best sci fi movies is hipster low budget stuff like “primer” - no exposition or men in capes or laser guns though.

G

-General public's interest in sci fi tapered right along with NASA ending the Space Race
-Nefarious wokefication of everything by the Elite
- Shoe-horning cultural subversion at the expense of merit (and plebs self censoring to get with the download)
-Sci fi used to be a cis-white male genre, but now usurped by LGBTQA pedos, I guess allowing them an avenue to LARP/fantasize

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Forum Clout
There is no truly good soviet art for this reason. When your work becomes more about the message than the work itself, it becomes agitprop; not art.

Forum Clout
Weird how such a woke organization like Disney is still named after an anti-semite, yet poor Uncle Ben was sent back to the cotton fields and lost his house nigger privileges. Cancel culture just isnt fair