• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Whisper AI is amazing

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
I've been experimenting with Whisper AI and it's going to revolutionize so many things.

I ran it on a random O&A episode and it's transcribed the entire episode in only 20 minutes. It's far more powerful than anything Google ever had on youtube. It can't detect individual voices yet but that can't be far away.

Screenshot_19.png

Remember in the early days of Howard and O&A there were so many fan sites out there that transcribed episodes, but here the AI can do it.

It can also recognize many languages. I'm using it to give me subtitles for stuff I can't get subs for, and it's working so well.

G

If there's anything the future truly needs, it's recaps of defunct radio shows for the deaf
Where it would be really useful is finding stuff when you don’t know what episode it was from. If every show is transcribed then you can search them and find some obscure clip.

I’d still like to hear the part where Loverboy was on the after show and “Tony from Long Island” called in during his drive home. I remember it being really funny at the time but now it probably would just disgust me hearing him say anything.

Forum Clout
Where it would be really useful is finding stuff when you don’t know what episode it was from. If every show is transcribed then you can search them and find some obscure clip.

I’d still like to hear the part where Loverboy was on the after show and “Tony from Long Island” called in during his drive home. I remember it being really funny at the time but now it probably would just disgust me hearing him say anything.
It would make a good repository but just wait until you could make AI shows with any guest/topic.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Forum Clout
I've been experimenting with Whisper AI and it's going to revolutionize so many things.

I ran it on a random O&A episode and it's transcribed the entire episode in only 20 minutes. It's far more powerful than anything Google ever had on youtube. It can't detect individual voices yet but that can't be far away.

View attachment 97143

Remember in the early days of Howard and O&A there were so many fan sites out there that transcribed episodes, but here the AI can do it.

Not even transcribed, a few dedicated fans would compile show rundowns of the segments/funny lines etc - nobody was crazy enough to try to transcribe a four hour radio show verbatim

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
I only used O&A transcripts as an example of how powerful it was. It can listen to 3 yapping queers and accurately transcribe their gibberish. You can just run anything through this, voice mail, foreign language stuff, lectures, 10 hour twitch streams, and then Ctrl-F for the stuff you're looking for.