• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with The Station ightclub fire?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Years after the fire it was silently reported that the company that built the walls had put dangerous insulation and put cheap sound proofing foam that was heavily flammable all around the club. They had done a quick remodel for the last few shows including this one. And it turned the club into a death trap.

Owners were blamed of course and deserve some of it. And Great White should not have been lighting fireworks. But the sound proof foam that covered the walls and ceilings was basically kindling. You are supposed to use fire resistant material but the contractors went cheap.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Pretty shitty. Honestly, that video of it has cemented in my brain how important it is to know where exits are when you're in a crowded area. It was insane how fast the place filled with black smoke.

That being said, some of the lawsuits got a bit ridiculous and no doubt the work of ambulance chasers at that point. There was a class action suit against One of the companies that made the monitors the band was using because the insulation was supposedly flammable, but it had nothing to do with the fire.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
I just remembered growing up in Boston the local NBC affiliate, WHDH, had a fresh young well liked reporter named Jeff Derderian. He owned that club with his brother and after the fire they Stalin'd him and pretty much erased him from their history.

An Armenian running a shady business? Now I've heard of everything.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
I went to a nightclub in Chicago years ago that was in a basement with only one way in and one way out and it was completely packed. The ceiling had to be 8 feet tall at most. Hard to believe these kind of places still exist.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I worked somewhere that used this in health and safety training. I got paid to watch people die.

They would switch it up with this of a stadium fire that killed 56 people including the incredible footage of a man head to toe on fire just walking slowly as onlookers try their best to help