• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with the old school SNES?

RedGlareRecipient

Rocketeer
Forum Clout
It was right before my time and once I was aware of video games as an activity, Pokemon and the N64 happened

I probably missed out on some good shit

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
Genesis fag here (had the 32x too, no Sega CD though). Always thought SNES was too try hard with their "superior" graphics, shit just ended up looking more cartoony and gay.

That said I ended up getting an SNES at a yard sale later on and all the marquee games I played were worthy of the hype.

Did anyone here actually pronounce it "SNES"? My sister has done this and I've told her I never heard someone pronounce it like that out loud in the 90's. It was Super Nintendo and it's annoying to hear some Twitter fag (my sister) attempt to rewrite history they weren't a part of.
Zelda A Link to the Past may be the best game ever released.
Tell me you've never played Ocarina of Time without telling me you've never played Ocarina of Time. Got my first C because of that game.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
It was right before my time and once I was aware of video games as an activity, Pokemon and the N64 happened

we had the NES forever and it sucked ass. i didnt even know there was a SNES, the next thing i know is the PSX but never owned one. thank god computers can play games or i would still be stuck with the NES well into the PS2 era

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Did anyone here actually pronounce it "SNES"? My sister has done this and I've told her I never heard someone pronounce it like that out loud in the 90's.
Anyone I knew back in the day called it a Super N-E-S. First time I ever heard it called "SNEZ" was about a year ago on the YouTube channel NostalgiaNerd, and he's a Brit.

Pretty sure you'd get your ass kicked for calling it anything other than Super N-E-S, let alone SNEZ. Feel like it's zoomers trying to rewrite history, like saying nobody called a "VHS player" A VCR because not all of them were capable of recordering.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Genesis fag here (had the 32x too, no Sega CD though). Always thought SNES was too try hard with their "superior" graphics, shit just ended up looking more cartoony and gay.

That said I ended up getting an SNES at a yard sale later on and all the marquee games I played were worthy of the hype.

Did anyone here actually pronounce it "SNES"? My sister has done this and I've told her I never heard someone pronounce it like that out loud in the 90's. It was Super Nintendo and it's annoying to hear some Twitter fag (my sister) attempt to rewrite history they weren't a part of.

Tell me you've never played Ocarina of Time without telling me you've never played Ocarina of Time. Got my first C because of that game.
I called it S N E S or Super NES not Snes like these faggot zoomers.

G

Super Mario 1, 2 and 3 was definitely the shit. Bayou Billy (hard as fuck but worth the slog), Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Yoshi’s Island, TMNT, Street Fighter II (home system and arcade).

The old Greek immigrant candy corner store that used to exist before some slant communist took over had great coin arcades in the back. Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Alien vs Predator (much better than the home version garbage bin bullshit).

G

That eel scared the shit out of me.