• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

where we at with the Jay Leno?

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Out of this generation and last of late night talk show hosts, I think he's proven himself to be the most based. He didn't mind criticism, he didn't mind looking like the bad guy when they gave him back The Tonight Show (even though Conan agreed to give it up), he had the best ratings, and he's the best interviewee on top of that. Letterman was good but he's a boring interview, Conan's a hypocrite fag who was good pre-Tonight Show, Craig Ferguson was only good from what I saw but it wasn't much... and the rest completely suck.

He show-cucked Dave and Conan, and that's why they were salty. Jay also hired Stuttering John just to fuck with Howard; I went back and listened to audio from that time, and Howie was furious and could barely cope with the fact that a staff member had to lie by omission to him, but he was totally right in hiding the truth because it would have gotten kiboshed. Looking like a Hapsburg > looking like a Jewish pelican

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I like the guy. He knew how to be a broadcaster - i.e., don't alienate viewers by endorsing one point of view while shunning the other. He teased EVERY sitting president, which is supposed to be the tradition.

He caught a bad rap with that whole Conan ordeal, but really that was all NBC. Conan wasn't delivering the ratings they wanted, so they panicked and negotiated with Jay to come back, which permitted Conan to play victim.

Letterman was funny back in the day, but he's ALWAYS been a salty, crusty old bitch.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
He caught a bad rap with that whole Conan ordeal, but really that was all NBC. Conan wasn't delivering the ratings they wanted, so they panicked and negotiated with Jay to come back, which permitted Conan to play victim.
And then Conan went and took George Lopez's spot.

While Conan was at the height of his popularity, he politicked and gave the network the ultimatum: "Either get rid of Jay, or I'll walk." They gave him The Tonight Show to quell him, but when it came close to 2009 Jay still had the highest ratings, so they knew they had to have Jay lead in for Conan at 10 PM to give him the best shot.

And then the nerve of Conan and that fat cuck faggot Richter to blame Jay for sabotaging Conan's ratings... ridiculous.

In hindsight, I think Letterman's ribbing of Jay on Conan's behalf was actually more complimentary of Jay and actually a rib on Conan. I think it was intentional, too. Dave knew he couldn't laugh at Conan at his expense, so he sarcastically blamed ol' Evil Leno. Dave at least admits that Jay was the funniest guy he knew. Even if Jay weaseled his way into the position... they all do it, and Jay's way of doing it was the funniest.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I'm pro Letterman and very pro-Ferguson - mostly because my fellow Scot said Fuck you to the whole industry standard and blazed his own path - but Leno I have grown to retroactively respect.

He needled EVERY politician regardless of party. He shit on Hugh Grant post-car whore, then had him on the show and didn't completely let him off the hook. His monologue was very rehearsed and typical, but he never felt pandering like Colbert. Most of all, he didn't push his opinions; he was a cypher, a conduit for the viewer. Barring the throwaway comments about his love for cars or his wife, you didn't know a whole lot about him on purpose.

Plus, he was a really good bloke to his employees with bonuses and helping them out behind the scenes, not even seeking PR for it. As much as I enjoyed Carson for being an old school man's man, and Letterman for being a smartass, the only two hosts I can call genuine good dudes are Ferguson and Leno. Makes sense why Leno was Craig's final guest.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I'm pro Letterman and very pro-Ferguson - mostly because my fellow Scot said Fuck you to the whole industry standard and blazed his own path - but Leno I have grown to retroactively respect.
Also, Ferguson poached Conan's "wacky humour" audience by doing it better, and he was also the only alpha male host during that period. Ferguson gives the impression that he could fuck the starlet he's interviewing.

Jay could have done that going by his TV appearances when his hair was mostly dark. Conan's too much of a nerd and Letterman always looked old and bitter.

The show I enjoyed the most: Letterman
The host I’d rather hang out with: Leno
I thought Conan had the best show overall, but his greed at wanting more ruined him.

Like... you had the youngest audience. They'll grow up and be loyal to you. Conan could've gotten The Tonight Show when Fallon did, in hindsight.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Also, Ferguson poached Conan's "wacky humour" audience by doing it better, and he was also the only alpha male host during that period. Ferguson gives the impression that he could fuck the starlet he's interviewing.

Jay could have done that going by his TV appearances when his hair was mostly dark. Conan's too much of a nerd and Letterman always looked old and bitter.

I thought Conan had the best show overall, but his greed at wanting more ruined him.

Like... you had the youngest audience. They'll grow up and be loyal to you. Conan could've gotten The Tonight Show when Fallon did, in hindsight.

I like caustic, biting, clever humor - and that's where Letterman excelled. The guy avoided a whole controversy by coming out and admitted he cheated, telling it in a funny story. The man was a genius. He's earned his retirement to raise his son. And no, I will not acknowledge that Netflix show of his.

Conan was and is a talent - he will always be golden to me just because of his Simpsons output. But your point is valid, he wanted the Tonight Show and I think he forced it too soon. Not long after Leno took it back, Jay truly retired, and Fallon took over. If Conan would have just waited a few more years, he could've had a controversy-free transition and maybe, just maybe, brought his audience over with him rather than having them abandon him for Ferguson and Kimmel due to the clearly abrupt and unprepared shift. Instead, he kind of showed his hand - an insecure, over-reliant on self deprecation workaholic who was even more cutthroat than Jay was (Lopez sucked, but he did Fuck him over no matter what you may think).

Ferguson was a legend, and over time I think more people will discover that. The right amount of self-deprecation, an effortless charm, the accent (MY accent), the offbeat humor, the randomness, not to mention his great trips to Paris and Scotland. But his interviews is where he beat everyone. He talked real, he threw people off, and when the right guest "got" him, you'd see real people just talking. You didn't see that in late night, except for Carson's close buddies. And women loved that man, because he was polite and playful with just the right amount of edge - but still, just safe enough. Fucker made my people proud.

I will not acknowledge the shit that came after, or Kimmel, because they are awful. All of them. Late night is dead.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
such a disaster what happened to Conan. Same exact thing happened to Colbert. Conan was brought up often on the sub, those who remember his show in the 90s all know how great he was.

Was Leno ever as good as Conan or Strangers with Candy, Colbert Report era Colbert in his peak? No. But his show was comfy. Jay proved himself to be a real Brotherman in the end. Even now, the garage videos I've seen on youtube are almost always good.

Like 90% of prominent Jewish Americans, Howard is a cartoon figure out of Mein Kampf. His entire existence seems to be to prove right the accusations made and justify the actions taken against them 80 years ago in central Europe .

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
dat chin doe

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I like caustic, biting, clever humor - and that's where Letterman excelled. The guy avoided a whole controversy by coming out and admitted he cheated, telling it in a funny story. The man was a genius. He's earned his retirement to raise his son. And no, I will not acknowledge that Netflix show of his.

Conan was and is a talent - he will always be golden to me just because of his Simpsons output. But your point is valid, he wanted the Tonight Show and I think he forced it too soon. Not long after Leno took it back, Jay truly retired, and Fallon took over. If Conan would have just waited a few more years, he could've had a controversy-free transition and maybe, just maybe, brought his audience over with him rather than having them abandon him for Ferguson and Kimmel due to the clearly abrupt and unprepared shift. Instead, he kind of showed his hand - an insecure, over-reliant on self deprecation workaholic who was even more cutthroat than Jay was (Lopez sucked, but he did Fuck him over no matter what you may think).

Ferguson was a legend, and over time I think more people will discover that. The right amount of self-deprecation, an effortless charm, the accent (MY accent), the offbeat humor, the randomness, not to mention his great trips to Paris and Scotland. But his interviews is where he beat everyone. He talked real, he threw people off, and when the right guest "got" him, you'd see real people just talking. You didn't see that in late night, except for Carson's close buddies. And women loved that man, because he was polite and playful with just the right amount of edge - but still, just safe enough. Fucker made my people proud.

I will not acknowledge the shit that came after, or Kimmel, because they are awful. All of them. Late night is dead.

Kimmel was great when it came out then got shitty quick.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
And then Conan went and took George Lopez's spot.
Which isn't the same as giving George the show to seem like the nice guy in public, then undermining the show in order to get it back.

They gave him The Tonight Show to quell him, but when it came close to 2009 Jay still had the highest ratings, so they knew they had to have Jay lead in for Conan at 10 PM to give him the best shot.

And then the nerve of Conan and that fat cuck faggot Richter to blame Jay for sabotaging Conan's ratings... ridiculous.
Jay's 10PM show was one of the lowest rated in network history. It tanked ratings for local news and the Tonight Show. But your point about Andy being a fat cuck faggot is spot on.

Conan's time on TBS proved that the genre really passed him by. But that doesn't mean Jay isn't a boot-licking fag in his own right.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Was Leno ever as good as Conan or Strangers with Candy, Colbert Report era Colbert in his peak? No. But his show was comfy. Jay proved himself to be a real Brotherman in the end. Even now, the garage videos I've seen on youtube are almost always good.
I agree. However, you can't compare Leno's Tonight Show to the prime of Colbert Report, Strangers and Conan's show. You have to compare career to career. Strangers With Candy was only a couple of seasons and a movie, Colbert was only good on that and the Colbert Report, and Conan was a great writer on The Simpsons and his show was great until he got The Tonight Show.

Leno's Tonight Show was for a broader audience and I didn't like it as a teenager, I loved Conan's show. But Leno's show wasn't shitty, it was for a different demo. But Leno was widely recognized as a great stand-up, and that gets overshadowed by him being a talk show host. He actually understands THE CRAFT unlike others who talk about it but their acts stink. He's more of a rare breed than guys like Conan and Colbert. I'm rambling, but what I'm saying is the scope of Leno's career is way more impressive than the other guys. Conan and Colbert aren't even interesting guys in and of themselves... they're actually sorta dull.

Which isn't the same as giving George the show to seem like the nice guy in public, then undermining the show in order to get it back.

Jay's 10PM show was one of the lowest rated in network history. It tanked ratings for local news and the Tonight Show. But your point about Andy being a fat cuck faggot is spot on.

Conan's time on TBS proved that the genre really passed him by. But that doesn't mean Jay isn't a boot-licking fag in his own right.
Conan undermined Jay to begin with, though. He threatened to leave, and the execs told him in five years he could have the show he wanted. Jay went along with it; if he left the network for another one to compete head-to-head he really would have fucked Conan.

The 10 PM show point is valid, but everyone agrees on two points: 1) Jay was still succeeding as The Tonight Show host, and 2) everyone knew his other show was going to suck. If Conan wasn't such a sniveling little cunt, he could have either stayed where he was and have had the best show, or competed directly to prove he was better.

If Jay undermined Conan, it was justified revenge. Conan was a politicking little fag and acted like a victim. And he's a retard, because nobody actually takes "The Tonight Show" brand seriously, like it's prestigious. Being the highest rated and having the biggest stars on is prestigious. Nobody gives a shit about anything else. What's so special about Jimmy Fallon being the host when I can't tell the difference in quality between his show and Kimmel, Colbert, the other fag, the other other fag, etc?

And Conan really milked getting fucked for sympathy for a long time... for a man to cry like that, my opinion of him as a man just fucking plummeted.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Kimmel was great when it came out then got shitty quick.
The very early Kimmel, the first 3 months, were so awful that they were great. Kimmel went from the Man Show to his own show and by week 3 was already having Adam Corolla on as a guest.

They gave beer to the audience but someone drunk drove home.

Neal Hamburger went on and started making fun of the food at fast food joints. I met him once and he later told me that he was chastised for it -- no making fun of sponsors.

It was such a shitshow. Nothing like it in that time slot.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Letterman was my favorite but I was on Conan quite a bit. Craig Ferguson was the shit. Never really watched Leno. I mostly remember him from a bunch of shows on the speed channel back in the day because my dad had it on all the time and I liked him on them.