• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Pink Floyd's The Final Cut?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I know this album gets a lot of shit and it's more of a Roger Waters than Pink Floyd album, but I think it's pretty underrated and works well as a sequel to The Wall. Not Now John is one of their best songs in my opinion.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Where we at with syncing albums up to movies? That whole phenomenon still makes me chuckle sensibly.

Stoners and deadheads thought they were blowing our minds. "And then Dorothy walks over, right at the part where the song says "Don't walk away!!"

You can put any soundtrack to any video and it's guaranteed there will be happy accidents. I've done it.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Where we at with syncing albums up to movies? That whole phenomenon still makes me chuckle sensibly.

Stoners and deadheads thought they were blowing our minds. "And then Dorothy walks over, right at the part where the song says "Don't walk away!!"

You can put any soundtrack to any video and it's guaranteed there will be happy accidents. I've done it.
Was there any others besides Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon? That's the only one I remember hearing people talk about.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Was there any others besides Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon? That's the only one I remember hearing people talk about.
I don't remember specifically but supposedly Sargent Pepper and Led Zeppelin IV synced up to some movies, but only specific VHF copies, and you needed certain vinyl copies for it to work correctly, or some such fiddle-faddle horseshit.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
The Final Cut, Animals, and Meddle are by far my favorites from these guys.
However, Atom Heart Mother has one of my favorite songs of theirs, but overall the album is a bit, blah.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
I like it quite a bit, I rather enjoy Rogers down and depressing music.

Last edited:

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I remember somebody syncing up Blade Runner to Wish You Were Here, and writing a blog about it.

I enjoy The Final Cut. Like most of Waters' work, it's stronger lyrically than musically, and I always thought that the title track was especially strong, with a chilling finale.

Waters is a lefty, so politically opposed to me, but I never let that detract from my enjoyment of his work. Besides, he's an old school lefty, which, compared to the fringe far left of today, practically makes him a conservative.

The Final Cut may lack the sonic appeal and energy of their more well known albums, but I still rate it highly. However, having said that, I rarely re-listen to it, primarily because it's such a somber piece.