• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Outback babyback ribs?

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
Ribs General thread TODAY

I used to think Costco sold a mean dry rub spiced pork rib rack until gobbling them down a few times like a nigger on a slave ship getting his first ladle of slop. It's like swallowing 5 glugs of Crisco and waiting for your guts to show you where you fucked up.

If you know anything about good cuts and smoking these bad boys at home, help Brothermen out looking to make that good shit

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
I only eat lentil soup.
I wonder if that guy is crying weekly in AA or if he joined that poster whacked out on hospice opiates with late stage terminal cancer. Nice ruining a wholesome food thread with thoughts of death, stupid

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
I imagine the primary ingredients are salt and MSG, with some sugar and more salt, so I guess I'd start there if you want something similar.

Look up Carolina dry rubs if you're looking for somewhere to start (mustard based rub with brown sugar). Cook slow and low (200-250 degrees F, 6-9 hours), spray a mixture of vegetable oil and apple cidar vinegar periodically. The fattier the meat, the more tender it will be. I know you want baby backs, but try a pork shoulder since it's cheap and similar texture, minus the bones obviously. Baby back ribs are going for around $30 where I'm at right now. A shoulder of more weight is almost a quarter of the price.

It's a huge pain in the ass, I also don't have a commercial kitchen to work with.

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
know you want baby backs, but try a pork shoulder since it's cheap and similar texture, minus the bones obviously. Baby back ribs are going for around $30 where I'm at right now. A shoulder of more weight is almost a quarter of the price.
Not really, I was just thinking of the outback commercial. I've done some slow oven roasts of pork shoulder meant to be shredded with my own dry rub, even used some of the drippings as a sort of demi-glace for a dark roux gumbo. Worked a treat, as britbong faggots would say.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
To me it's all about the rub.

If you have a smoker, it's a must. 3-2-1 method works well. Otherwise just look up how to cook ribs in the oven.

Get yourself a good rub, follow any cooking directions for your oven low and slow, and then take it out, brush BBQ sauce of your choice on it, then broil for maybe 4 minutes.

Ribs are very hard to screw up once you know the techniques.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Havent eaten there in like 4 years but when I did.

I had a PORTERHOUSE..... MED RARE

Paid...CASH

😎

Jt5g1dFh.webp