• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Honey Pie by Paul McCartney

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Did anyone like "Let it Be... Naked", the original concept version of Let It Be without the Wall of Sound used on it? Came out in 2003.

I fucking loved it, sounds far better to me. But my old man argued the Phil Spector version was better, though I think that had to do with familiarity.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
Did anyone like "Let it Be... Naked", the original concept version of Let It Be without the Wall of Sound used on it? Came out in 2003.

I fucking loved it, sounds far better to me. But my old man argued the Phil Spector version was better, though I think that had to do with familiarity.
Definitely agree LIBN is superior especially adding Don’t Let Me Down and cutting out crap like Maggie May and Dig It.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout

Never particularly loved LIB beyond Paul’s closing line so absolutely prefer LIBN. Still weird to me that it wasn’t the last album they actually recorded because it really sounds like it is. Never mind the fact they recorded all of their albums in about 6/7 years. It’s completely unfathomable to apply to modern standards.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout

LOOVVEE LIBN!! Glad to see you highlight it here. You’re handsome *and* you have great musical taste, wow too bad I’m taken!

sorchEDearth

Forum Clout
'The White Album' is perhaps the greatest pop album of all-time. Even the shitty filler surrounding the gems do their part in making the gems sound even better.

Gems on the album:

Back in the U.S.S.R.
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Martha My Dear
I'm So Tired
Black Bird
Rocky Raccoon
Don't Pass Me By
Why Don't We Do it in the Road (for real)
I Will
Julia
Yer Blues
Mother Nature's Son
Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except for me and Yoko)
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Long, Long, Long
Revolution 1 (I'm with John, it's better than the single)
Savoy Truffle

Starting with "Rubber Soul," the Beatles began writing songs cinematically (i.e. individual songs which collectively built narratives). Dylan, Brian Wilson, Van, the Band, Joanie, and a few others were doing this too. John and Paul were becoming obsessed with the power of words that aggregate, and some of their projects really do have a narrative coherence similar to what we can see in a visually literate movie. With the White Album, some of the songs carry immediate narratives e.g. "Sexy Sadie" is about the false allure of religion and "Helter Skelter" is a meta-song about itself, devised as a way to showcase the fact that each of them could pass off any thread to any other Beatle and have it seamlessly continue. It's name after a board game (here called "Chutes and Ladders") where rises and falls are passed from one player to the next. It's a masterpiece of woven handoffs. Five threads being passed around, (the song itself being a microcosm of its role in the album). Congealed, the album becomes what it is called; the presence of all color.

Monk

Forum Clout
I've been a big time Beatles-fag since I was 14. There's some hit-or-miss stuff along the way but I generally enjoy each of the phases they went through. The Get Back documentary was great. I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the restoration but the content of the footage was gold. Watching them pull timeless classics out of thin air was great.

TehSamurai

Forum Clout

It doesn't have Dig It, so it's going to be a no from me, dawg.