• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with da Scream?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Had a couple good kills, but really fucking overrated as far as horror movies go and all the sequels sucked. The new one looks terrible. Like they tried to rip off what the new Halloween did with no creativity at all.
In its context as to judging it, when it came out, it's a great a fun film. They recreated the genre and did it so well, that if you didn't know any better, you would think it was hack and not original.

Forum Clout
It's not as great a movie as most people make it out to be, but I understand why it's so liked.

It was pretty much the first meta slasher to be released and at a time when the slasher genre was dying and needed a breath of fresh air. In some ways I think you can argue that it saved the genre from completely dying out at the time. I enjoyed it because it didn't take itself super seriously and still managed to have effective kills and the characters were better written than what you get in most slasher films.

As for the sequels, I'm honestly not sure if I've ever seen 2 or 3. I remember seeing 4 in theaters and actually enjoying it even though I can't remember a single thing about it. I saw the trailer for the new one and can't say im all that interested because it doesn't look like anything new. I'll probably watch it when it hits Netflix or something in a year, but not paying money to watch it in a theater.

Last edited:

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I attended an early screening of Scream back in 96, before any of the press or trailers. It was billed as a satirical take on the slasher genre (think, Scary Movie, before scary movie) Everyone in the audience was ready for a good time, so when Drew Barrymore - looking cute as a bug's asshole - was slaughtered within the first few minutes, it was actually pretty shocking.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
The first one landed with me. it was a 'right place, right time' kind thing. A meta slasher movie for a 90s teenager - I couldn't hate it at the time. It also gave me an appreciation for horror movies, which caused me to deep dive into some classics I would have over looked. Overall, I don't think it deserves too much hate, but it probably wouldn't hold up if I tried to watch it again today.

G

I honestly just think people in the 90s were not so discriminatory nor had fine tastes. Very little from that period holds up. People were accepting of anything put on tv/theater back then.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
Forum Clout
I enjoy the first two after that its all downhill. I do appreciate the subtlety of the kills, over the top gore takes me out of a film. Ill probably watch the new one and think it stinks though.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
1642426733499.png