• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Criterion announcing 4K Discs starting in November?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Here's a taste - just a taste - of the six they announced:

- Citizen Kane. I go FAWKIN deep with the Orson Welles

- Menace II Society... I got nothing. This and Juice never interested me.

- Mulholland Drive. That David Lynch can be a real problem narratively. REAL FAWKIN PROBLEM.

- The Piano. I don't need to see Keitel-cock, even if it is a nice piece (I hear)

- The Red Shoes. I think I saw this at The Robert Burns Center Film Theatre last I was in Dumfries. All I can say is it reminded me why I don't like the British.

- Hard Days Night. Love it for The Beatles, hate it for Richard Lester. Seriously, he ruined Superman 2.

That makes Criterion one of the last specialty labels to jump onto 4K, after Kino, Shout, Arrow, Blue Underground, Fuck I think even Severin beat them to it.

All I know is Citizen Kane is a day one import for me. I'll get the whole Poznan Crew over for a viewing party.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
Who the fuck buys movies anymore?
Get them while you can, pretty soon there won't be anymore physical media and you won't be able to see anything at all where white men are the heroes/stars, or anything with any racial overtones, whether for comedic or storytelling effect. Everything will be streaming and all the kike-owned media companies will be in control of what you have access to.

Last edited:
G

Maybe I'll be an old faggot complaining I can't get a disc player fixed in 30 years (:image_9247:) but I'm buying physical media of things I have enjoyed before they deem everything problematic.

Guns N Roses did a Lies re-release and omitted One In A Million. Is it an amazing song? No, but I don't need it removed from history by pearl clutching cunts policing everyone else.

It's not even just censors either. I remember when studios were talking about adding in products to old shows. You'd be watching a show from 20 years ago and CGI product from today would be sitting on the coffee table in front of the characters. You better believe that shit idea isn't gone.

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
I've been meaning to buy the Criterion Bluray for Brazil so good to knowI have an excuse to put it off even longer.

I was on the “who buys movies anymore?” train also but every steaming service is dogshit. We spend probably $100+ a month on streaming services and renting movies on Amazon. You can buy great movies for like $2 on DVD these days
I'm not looking to actively buy more movies since I just don't want more shit, but some of the deals are so good it just makes more sense than fucking around with torrents or renting it. Bought the Band of Brothers, The Pacific and The Godfather Trilogy on blu ray box sets for $8 each new a few months ago. Been meaning to watch Robocop again since it's been over 20 years for me and Amazon has the trilogy on BR for $10. Even if I only watch it once and donate it I feel like I'll get my money's worth.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
I have a Karagarga account that I'm grateful each year that passes still allows me in despite (me) not taking full advantage of it. It's excatly what What.CD was 15 years ago for movies, only it still exists. It's saved my ass a few times on movies I could not find anywhere else, and if you're doing it right it will provide you with hundreds of things you might never have seen otherwise that you can download and upload ratio without fear. I used to have a cinemageddon account but they really don't let anyone in anymore, which has gone on for like 5 years at this point.

>I'm not looking to actively buy more movies since I just don't want more shit, but some of the deals are so good it just makes more sense than fucking around with torrents or renting it.

This made me think of one of the main and recurring comments that comes up on The Perfume Nationlist podcast. I won't comment further other than to speak well of it and claim that certain people here may find that show a good fit for their interests

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
Where we at with Calling all stations, What kept it from the number one spot in the uk.

Half awake answering this, but Tony and Mike's songwriting.

Shit on Phil all you'd like, but looking back on it, it's clear he was the missing piece. Mike had the guys in the Mechanics to help him, and Tony's solo work was never... Great.

They insulated themselves too much, and a guy with a pop sensibility like Phil would've helped streamline what they had written, because the songs COULD'VE worked. I hold to that.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
I know there's very much an anti-physical media sentiment nowadays, but I'd like to present my logic:

With digital, you never truly own it. They don't really let you download the movie, it's stream only, so you need the internet to watch it, and an account to access it. The fact is, when you buy those digital films, you're buying a license to watch it. For any reason if they so desire, they can pull that license from you. They don't give you the money back, and they don't have to. "Let the buyer beware" and all that jazz.

I'm almost 53, I've been collecting films since the days of vhs, and I've never hesitated to upgrade when a new standard has been set in stone. I actually thought that I would have enjoyed the convenience of streaming, but between the lack of true ownership of what you buy, as well as the fact that a lot of really cool stuff is not even available to buy digitally or watch through a streaming service, the more that I see it's really not for me.

Plus, this is a guy who just paid over $100 to import a used copy of Man in the Dark 3D from Twilight Time on Blu Ray, and felt like he stole it. I probably need help.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
I know there's very much an anti-physical media sentiment nowadays, but I'd like to present my logic:

With digital, you never truly own it. They don't really let you download the movie, it's stream only, so you need the internet to watch it, and an account to access it. The fact is, when you buy those digital films, you're buying a license to watch it. For any reason if they so desire, they can pull that license from you. They don't give you the money back, and they don't have to. "Let the buyer beware" and all that jazz.

I'm almost 53, I've been collecting films since the days of vhs, and I've never hesitated to upgrade when a new standard has been set in stone. I actually thought that I would have enjoyed the convenience of streaming, but between the lack of true ownership of what you buy, as well as the fact that a lot of really cool stuff is not even available to buy digitally or watch through a streaming service, the more that I see it's really not for me.

Plus, this is a guy who just paid over $100 to import a used copy of Man in the Dark 3D from Twilight Time on Blu Ray, and felt like he stole it. I probably need help.
If it's a movie I love, I'll buy it for that exact reason. I want to be able to watch it ANY time I want.
Even if I torrent it first, if it's PFG I'll buy it to have a hard copy.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Here's a taste - just a taste - of the six they announced:

- Citizen Kane. I go FAWKIN deep with the Orson Welles

- Menace II Society... I got nothing. This and Juice never interested me.

- Mulholland Drive. That David Lynch can be a real problem narratively. REAL FAWKIN PROBLEM.

- The Piano. I don't need to see Keitel-cock, even if it is a nice piece (I hear)

- The Red Shoes. I think I saw this at The Robert Burns Center Film Theatre last I was in Dumfries. All I can say is it reminded me why I don't like the British.

- Hard Days Night. Love it for The Beatles, hate it for Richard Lester. Seriously, he ruined Superman 2.

That makes Criterion one of the last specialty labels to jump onto 4K, after Kino, Shout, Arrow, Blue Underground, Fuck I think even Severin beat them to it.

All I know is Citizen Kane is a day one import for me. I'll get the whole Poznan Crew over for a viewing party.
Enjoy it, man.