• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with adventure games?

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
Finished Grim Fandango yesterday. Some of the puzzles annoyed me. They all make sense but some seem impossible to figure out. I solved them by accident. Overall it was a great game though. It's beautiful despite the dated graphics. And it's actually very funny, not in that annoying quirky video game way.
Thimbleweed Park is one of my favorite games in recent years. Loved the puzzles in Day of the Tentacle. Broken Sword 5 was kind of shitty. Also couldn't finish it because of a bug that kept the game crashing towards the end. More like Broken Game 5, knowwhatImean?

I bought Monkey Island 2, Myst and Paradigm. Will probably try Paradigm next.

What are some of them other adventure games we got? And does somebody have recommendations aside from the obvious LucasArts picks?

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Grew up on the Sierra and LucasArts games so I'm a fan, but I haven't seen anything recently that caught my eye. If I had time I'd go back and play the Sam and Max games.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
my dad loves them, old sherlock titles plus a few you mentioned. i wish i could get into them but i hate those impossible puzzles were you're essentially forced to look up a walkthrough

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Monkey Island 2 had an extremely bullshit puzzle solution but is a really great game. I'd say my favorites are The Dig, Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle. Hell even the Indiana Jones ones were amazing. Other killer ones are I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Beyond a Steel Sky and Loom.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
Riven is one of my all time favorite games. CHO ?!

Maybe this interests you. It's all(?) Myst games for $10.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
The Jak series was fun. Played the shit out of II when I was a kid

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout

Maybe this interests you. It's all(?) Myst games for $10.
Thats pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up. I am always amazed at the good deals that can be found on humblebundle. I would def get that if it wasn't for already owning them. Getting them DMR free might just be worth it tho.

I went deep with the myst series back in the day. Would play their mmo-styled game URU back when people used to always be on. I heard people got on for christmas but everytime I checked back in the cities were empty and my relto was back to default..

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
I loved them as a kid but I don't have the patience for them anymore. I hated the ones where the puzzles were random chance.

Simon The Sorcerer is a really good one that you probably haven't heard of. It's very close to Monkey Island but with british sarcastic humor. Some of the puzzles are hard, but all within the logic of the game. All of them were very satisfying. It's ScummVM compatible.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I loved them as a kid but I don't have the patience for them anymore. I hated the ones where the puzzles were random chance.

Simon The Sorcerer is a really good one that you probably haven't heard of. It's very close to Monkey Island but with british sarcastic humor. Some of the puzzles are hard, but all within the logic of the game. All of them were very satisfying. It's ScummVM compatible.
Oh yeah I forgot about that one. Discworld is another good british one (I think it's british). I was more interested in ones that didn't have fail states like Space Quest and Kings Quest did. Nothing sucked more on those than dying and forgetting what you did to get to that point again.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The best aspect of the remastered puzzle games is that you can get infinite hints to basically guide you right to the solution. Some of the original Monkey Island puzzles were pathetic. And with the ancient graphics took forever.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
As games, most of them weren't that great, but if you wanted something with a story and an aesthetic beyond "pixel bullet go boom", they were pretty much your only option.

Having said that, the Gobliiins series was cool:

q8F59M.gif

The puzzles were mostly trial and error, but the art looked good for the time.