• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

where we at wit da shit we don't usually like, but do in some instances

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
A lot of classical music is humdrum and could pass as elevator music but some good Mozart or Bach is transcendent and feeds the soul.
It's hack to say, but I like Beethoven the most because my mum could play the first 5-6 minutes of Moonlight Sonata. But the part past minute 9 is incredible. They say heavy metal is based in classical music and not the blues, and I'm inclined to agree.

And it was composed as he was deaf?

Not bad

Forum Clout
It's hack to say, but I like Beethoven the most because my mum could play the first 5-6 minutes of Moonlight Sonata. But the part past minute 9 is incredible. They say heavy metal is based in classical music and not the blues, and I'm inclined to agree.

On a surface level metal can sound like blues because of scale and tonality, but yeah, the song structure of metal is often more like classical than it's like modern pop and rock. The songs tend to evolve from beginning to end rather than just cycle between verse/chorus and then stop.

I think this mostly applies to death and black metal though. A Maiden song pretty much has the same structure as a Coldplay song.

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
Poetry, opera, memes.

They have to be REALLY good to be good but when they are really good then they are really good.
I cried during La Boheme at The Met. Fawkin got me. It was my first opera too.

I walked out during the intermission of Madame Butterfly (I hated it so much).

Edit: What I mean to say, you can be at a 'classy' opera in a 'classy' joint but if you don't move me, I'm out. Same goes for poetry and art.

Last edited:

Snake

Forum Clout

Wrong as always, kangaroo atalker. He was losing his hearing by the time he created this, but he wasn't fully deaf.

He was black btw.

index.jpg

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
On a surface level metal can sound like blues because of scale and tonality, but yeah, the song structure of metal is often more like classical than it's like modern pop and rock. The songs tend to evolve from beginning to end rather than just cycle between verse/chorus and then stop.

I think this mostly applies to death and black metal though. A Maiden song pretty much has the same structure as a Coldplay song.
The redpill about metal is that bands like Maiden actually stink. Black and death metal didn't originate the classical idea, either.

Sabbath did it, as did Deep Purple, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer (Hell Awaits?), the list goes on. Cacophony did a better job of this than any death metal band, although I tend to agree that say, Burzum, etc, did a good job at adding to the idea.

Not bad

Forum Clout
The redpill about metal is that bands like Maiden actually stink. Black and death metal didn't originate the classical idea, either.

Sabbath did it, as did Deep Purple, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer (Hell Awaits?), the list goes on. Cacophony did a better job of this than any death metal band, although I tend to agree that say, Burzum, etc, did a good job at adding to the idea.

They didn't originate it but I'd say they took it further and with more consistency. Orion by Metallica is a great example of the idea, but they also had a lot of stadium rock hook based songs. Not saying it's a bad thing since I like both types of music.

Bands like Incantation, early At the Gates, Morbid Angel and Emperor took the classical influence to a whole new level in the late 80s / early 90s though. And yeah Burzum too.

Speaking of Burzum, he pretty much explains the writing approach we're talking about in this video. Really cool.

Last edited:
Forum Clout
The redpill about metal is that bands like Maiden actually stink.
I liked Iron Maiden better before Bruce Dickinson, back when they cranked out four or five minute bangers about stalking women, running from the law and killing people, as opposed to the 14 minute long, incredibly repetitious wankfests based on some ancient novel. It's a template...repeat this part eight times, repeat next part eight times, first solo, second solo and so on. A template can work, I mean every single Dio song is more or less the same. But Dio knew better than to go on and on for eight, nine minutes a song. Another example: that last Metallica album, which might have almost been good if they didn't go way out of their way to drag every single track out for nine minutes.

I'm not big on rock bands (or God help us, rappers) playing with orchestras, as it usually just ends up being foolish. The funniest one is when Kiss did it, because it was just so ludicrous.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I liked Iron Maiden better before Bruce Dickinson, back when they cranked out four or five minute bangers about stalking women, running from the law and killing people, as opposed to the 14 minute long, incredibly repetitious wankfests based on some ancient novel. It's a template...repeat this part eight times, repeat next part eight times, first solo, second solo and so on. A template can work, I mean every single Dio song is more or less the same. But Dio knew better than to go on and on for eight, nine minutes a song. Another example: that last Metallica album, which might have almost been good if they didn't go way out of their way to drag every single track out for nine minutes.

I'm not big on rock bands (or God help us, rappers) playing with orchestras, as it usually just ends up being foolish. The funniest one is when Kiss did it, because it was just so ludicrous.

Tommy Shaws orchestra bullshit was good

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout

I go fawwwwkin deep with the Beethoven. Anytime this is used in a movie I clap and cheer in all the right places.