• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

When's the last time Pat wrote a full book? Is Patrick actually done writing books?

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
unless he's lying here :image_9251_m: then apparently so!

1647725883809.png

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
Would be amazing if he insists on not paying to have a judge tell him to get a real job lol. I've seen this in family court a lot, dads saying they can't pay child support because they don't have a job and judges going "well get one, I see Help Wanted signs at restaurants all the time"

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
unless he's lying here :image_9251_m: then apparently so!

View attachment 29968
Pat is an on-spec gimmick writer. All of his books can be summed up by the gimmick 'What if X, but Y'.

Hunt for Red October, but in space - In the Black
Fighting poachers, but in space - Herd Immunity
A Christmas Carol, but as a Tarantino movie - His dumb Tiny Tim book.

Because he's on-spec he doesn't have time to finish any of his books. So he writes around a quarter or half of it and sends it off to his agent who then tells him if it's worth finishing. I'm guessing that none of his gimmick novels have been accepted by his agent because Pat would have bragged about it.

He's already stopped talking about the Tiny Tim nonsense (because his agent has likely rejected it) and will probably start to tout whatever dumb gimmick he wants to try next. Which will also probably be rejected by his agent.

As long as his gimmick ideas suck, he'll never finish another book again.

G

That says it all. People like Cormac McCarthy and James Ellroy are on the record as saying writing is the first thing they think of when they wake up in the morning. They love doing it, it drives them, it's the main focus in their lives, their reason for being. McCarthy did it for years without getting properly paid, even doing a Tomlinson and living off his first wife's salary while he concentrated on writing. Ellroy caddied for tax free cash and wrote in the evenings for years before he sold his first book. Yet here's Fat, thinking that writing shitty novels is a solid get-rich-quick scheme in the 21st century.

MonsterSteve

Age.
Forum Clout
This is why Rick is the terrible writer he is. Some of the best writers write because they genuinely love it (they'd tell you if they didn't). Think of the most successful authors and figure out why they continue writing when they already have fuck you money. Rick ONLY does it for the $$$ and he got lucky with an advance one time. Other than that, nobody wants his stupid books and the world is better off. Let's wait and see what his next scam is.

G

I feel like the irony in all this is if he wrote a nonfiction book about his adventures with the rascals, that actually might move some copies. And I'm not talking about just among us, that would be a fucking SELLER, especially if he wrote it like a tongue-in-cheek "okay I got my ass handed to me" type of book.

Can you imagine if he released a book with some of the "greatest hits" of our tweets and text messages and even posts on here?

If I were him, I would write that and just call it "do not feed the trolls: what NOT to do when the internet targets you"

But then again, if that dude ever took advice or did anything successful he wouldn't be in this position, soooooo.....