• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What Simpsons or King of the Hill episode should I watch

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Season 11 Episode 4 Treehouse of Horror X

IMG_20221111_120405.jpg

Xena_Simpsons (1).jpg

G

Season 11 Episode 4 Treehouse of Horror X

View attachment 77069

[MEDIA=youtube]Kl_KY-fSdAw[/MEDIA]

View attachment 77070
Review:
When Ned died, the funniest part was when Moe called The Simpsons:
"I know you're alone."
"Who is this?"
"Is this... Maude Flanders?"
"No, it's... Homer."
"Oh hey Homer, it's Moe. I must've dialed the wrong number."

Back in school everyone would call Comic Book Guy "The Collector" because this episode was so popular.

The bashing of celebrities in the final story kind of felt like The Simpsons competing with South Park and Family Guy, which were new and popular at the time.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Review:
When Ned died, the funniest part was when Moe called The Simpsons:
"I know you're alone."
"Who is this?"
"Is this... Maude Flanders?"
"No, it's... Homer."
"Oh hey Homer, it's Moe. I must've dialed the wrong number."

Back in school everyone would call Comic Book Guy "The Collector" because this episode was so popular.

The bashing of celebrities in the final story kind of felt like The Simpsons competing with South Park and Family Guy, which were new and popular at the time.
WHAT ABOUT LUCY?!

Xena_Simpsons (1).jpg

G

The Boy Who Knew Too Much
chalkboard: "there are plenty of businesses like show business", yeah like banking, lawyering... am I right folks

This is the first older episode I've seen in a while, and there's 1 thing I've noticed about why this is good that nobody ever brings up. This feels like a real "world" that someone can actually exist in. Each line isn't a punchline, even though each line is humorous. It doesn't feel like this universe has writers. I was watching a recent episode "Not It" and every line you could tell it was written by a writer. And the world didn't make sense from scene to scene, you could tell it was designed and storyboarded by someone. It's difficult to explain, but each scene here, Bart leaving to school, riding on the bus, being in class, etc etc... it's all "realistic".

Lionel Hutz tries to prove Freddy Quimby is guilty by having Dr Hibbert talk about "the evil gene", and claims that Freddy has it. They should have had Dr Nick do this, since that's Lionel Hutz's shady doctor helper. Or was Dr Hibbert just as corrupt as Dr Nick already by this point?

That was a good fawkin' episode. When people say The Simpsons was the best show on TV, they were talkin' about this era.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
chalkboard: "there are plenty of businesses like show business", yeah like banking, lawyering... am I right folks

This is the first older episode I've seen in a while, and there's 1 thing I've noticed about why this is good that nobody ever brings up. This feels like a real "world" that someone can actually exist in. Each line isn't a punchline, even though each line is humorous. It doesn't feel like this universe has writers. I was watching a recent episode "Not It" and every line you could tell it was written by a writer. And the world didn't make sense from scene to scene, you could tell it was designed and storyboarded by someone. It's difficult to explain, but each scene here, Bart leaving to school, riding on the bus, being in class, etc etc... it's all "realistic".

Lionel Hutz tries to prove Freddy Quimby is guilty by having Dr Hibbert talk about "the evil gene", and claims that Freddy has it. They should have had Dr Nick do this, since that's Lionel Hutz's shady doctor helper. Or was Dr Hibbert just as corrupt as Dr Nick already by this point?

That was a good fawkin' episode. When people say The Simpsons was the best show on TV, they were talkin' about this era.
Probably my favorite episode. The scene of Skinner walking across the lake and the whole Chowder thing always makes me howl. I completely agree on the point about it feeling like a lived in world too.