• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What is your pharmaceutical experience?

G

I was a sophomore in HS and my GF was a freshman and she was on Ritalin. I had never heard the word before and it was a new thing. None of the people in my grade were on it and I'd never heard of it. I'd been to see the school psychiatrist because we all had to, it was a one day thing. (Catholic School - Short skirts)

There was always an issue with measuring the girls skirts to see if they were too short for regulations. Anyway the drugs. Yeah, like an enormous amount of people one grade below me seemed to be on Ritalin just a few months after the psychiatrist visit. Is it possible that I escaped the mass drugging of an entire society by being one year older? Prove me wrong.

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
I was a sophomore in HS and my GF was a freshman and she was on Ritalin. I had never heard the word before and it was a new thing. None of the people in my grade were on it and I'd never heard of it. I'd been to see the school psychiatrist because we all had to, it was a one day thing. (Catholic School - Short skirts)

There was always an issue with measuring the girls skirts to see if they were too short for regulations. Anyway the drugs. Yeah, like an enormous amount of people one grade below me seemed to be on Ritalin just a few months after the psychiatrist visit. Is it possible that I escaped the mass drugging of an entire society by being one year older? Prove me wrong.
Im not going to give my age, but its likely you just dodged the mass push of that shit. They were really pushing that shit on any kid that dared to act out. Once in second grade a teacher overheard me describing school as a prison for children and how it isnt right. The fuckin bitch called my mom and tried getting me put on meds.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout

They got rid of skirts in my Catholic high school and made all the girls wear pants because they couldn't behave. Pretty lame.

G

Im not going to give my age, but its likely you just dodged the mass push of that shit. They were really pushing that shit on any kid that dared to act out. Once in second grade a teacher overheard me describing school as a prison for children and how it isnt right. The fuckin bitch called my mom and tried getting me put on meds.
I'm surprised it was even an option at that point. When I was young people just swallowed whatever a doctor prescribed. No questions. Or so it felt like that anyway.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
My catholic school(s) tried to put me on ritalin as a kid too because I wasn’t able to sit still. I wasn’t mean or even overly disruptive, I just talked a lot and couldn’t focus because shit was boring. I still struggle with timed tests to this day.

Basically my mom and dad told them to fuck off with their sedation pills. I continued to get shitty grades through high school but my parents never caved on their stance. Now I work a job where I undoubtedly make more than any of my teachers. Not that it even matters but being put on that shit would have changed the trajectory of my life for better or worse.

Schools still do it to this day. Every energetic kid is labeled ADHD and treated with pills once they hit a certain age. Lots of parents scam the system to get untimed tests for their kids. It’s all bullshit

G

My catholic school(s) tried to put me on ritalin as a kid too because I wasn’t able to sit still. I wasn’t mean or even overly disruptive, I just talked a lot and couldn’t focus because shit was boring. I still struggle with timed tests to this day.

Basically my mom and dad told them to fuck off with their sedation pills. I continued to get shitty grades through high school but my parents never caved on their stance. Now I work a job where I undoubtedly make more than any of my teachers. Not that it even matters but being put on that shit would have changed the trajectory of my life for better or worse.

Schools still do it to this day. Every energetic kid is labeled ADHD and treated with pills once they hit a certain age. Lots of parents scam the system to get untimed tests for their kids. It’s all bullshit
Yeah. I'm a total failure as a career person but I think I'm much smarter and happier than the people that came after me. Sometimes I blame the drugs and sometimes I thank genetics.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Yeah. I'm a total failure as a career person but I think I'm much smarter and happier than the people that came after me. Sometimes I blame the drugs and sometimes I thank genetics.
It’s all relative. The only thing that matters is that you feel good about where you are in life. Jim Norton has millions and a famous radio career and I’d rather live outside than be him. Nana had millions and a famous radio career and I’d rather be Brother Joe.

G

It’s all relative. The only thing that matters is that you feel good about where you are in life. Jim Norton has millions and a famous radio career and I’d rather live outside than be him. Nana had millions and a famous radio career and I’d rather be Brother Joe.
Brother Joe is going a bit far. Like imagining that retards are so much happier. I get so sad when I'm around an actual retard. Not sure why. Maybe I'm sad for myself because even if I make them laugh they really don't get the joke.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Brother Joe is going a bit far. Like imagining that retards are so much happier. I get so sad when I'm around an actual retard. Not sure why. Maybe I'm sad for myself because even if I make them laugh they really don't get the joke.
I’d absolutely rather be Brother Joe than Nana. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s 100x happier than Nana, plus he has a girlfriend who is around his age.

He also seems to just walk around completely oblivious to the world around him. I am jealous of that.

G

I’d absolutely rather be Brother Joe than Nana. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s 100x happier than Nana, plus he has a girlfriend who is around his age.

He also seems to just walk around completely oblivious to the world around him. I am jealous of that.
Yeah and he doesn't obsessively fake laugh. I sometimes forget that the twitch stream proves that Nana is maybe the most unhappy western man in the world.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
i am the flip side of this phenomenon.

I was completely insane all the way from kindergarten to the end of college.

I would do well on tests but otherwise I simply could not be on task in class. It didn’t matter what class, they were all the same. I was either reading a book I snuck in, asleep, or fucking around.

In elementary school I would complete the class work ahead of time then just get up and walk out of the room, go explore the hallways, pick my nose, play with my pecker, just impulsive weird shit.

I was so disruptive in junior high they threatened to kick me out of honors classes and one well-meaning teacher tried to explain to me that eventually my behaviors would alienate everyone, even other kids. I Tomlinsoned this advice and ignored her.

I never studied for more than 2 hours for anything ahead of time until after undergrad, I certainly never did homework until the last minute, and every exam I ever took involved an unproductive all nighter or me just winging it.

In short I was probably a behavior disorder kid and I never once heard the words “medication” or “ADHD” applied to me until I was fucking 25 and sought out a psychiatrist on my own.

I completely slipped through the cracks and I think my entire life would have been different - or at the very least less confusing - if I had been medicated or diagnosed.

OP how old are you? I’m 39. I think even just 5 years younger than me was a completely different era with tons of ADHD diagnosing going on.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I just missed the age of which kids openly talked about their mental disorders and shortcomings. Needing to take meds because you were off, was kind of frowned upon and it sure as shit wasn't talked about in the open. I found out after the fact, a decent amount of kids I went to school with were on Lithium, Paxil, Zoloft, or Ritalin-- some had multiple prescriptions, but it just wasn't something you talked about.

I took a break from college for a couple of years and worked as a pharmacy tech in my hometown (Long Island), and half the kid's mom's I went to school with were on some kind of psych med or mood disorder shit. It made me really reflect on my parents and my childhood- my mom could have probably used some of that shit, but she never sought help and never really talked about it. For my dad and most of my friend's fathers, psych meds and seeing a shrink just wasn't something that was done. In hindsight, maybe that was a bit stupid. But that's just the way it was in the 80's and early 90's.

By the time I starting teaching, Ritalin and psych meds were everywhere. I'm not sure what the students were taking though (Waka Waka Waka).

Last edited:

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Fucking loads of kids are on them now. This one kid up the street who was definitely already spazzy and doing crazy shit around the neighborhood got put on some and he would have to leave playing with my kid to go take them. He used to play with my 12 year old step son until he stole a skooter from a neighbor and for some reason his dumb bitch stepmom said he wasn't allowed to hang out with my son anymore.(the whole thing was on film-that kid saying they should steal it, mine saying "no, I don't steal" him saying "well I will" and grabbing the thing and riding off). I ran into their neighbor the other day and he started talking about how that kid was pawned off on them all the time while his parents were at work and he was doing all sorts of nutty shit and they were in charge of giving him his after school speed or whatever. They stopped giving it to him cuz they could tell it was making him nuts. He didn't miss taking them either.

I just think this shit should wait until everyones brains are cooked a little bit more. I don't remember hearing about people taking any of this stuff until high school and it wasn't from the kids themselves or even other kids, it was from my mom who worked attendance and had a big mouth lol.

If anything give the little fucks pot gummies.

G

i am the flip side of this phenomenon.

I was completely insane all the way from kindergarten to the end of college.

I would do well on tests but otherwise I simply could not be on task in class. It didn’t matter what class, they were all the same. I was either reading a book I snuck in, asleep, or fucking around.

In elementary school I would complete the class work ahead of time then just get up and walk out of the room, go explore the hallways, pick my nose, play with my pecker, just impulsive weird shit.

I was so disruptive in junior high they threatened to kick me out of honors classes and one well-meaning teacher tried to explain to me that eventually my behaviors would alienate everyone, even other kids. I Tomlinsoned this advice and ignored her.

I never studied for more than 2 hours for anything ahead of time until after undergrad, I certainly never did homework until the last minute, and every exam I ever took involved an unproductive all nighter or me just winging it.

In short I was probably a behavior disorder kid and I never once heard the words “medication” or “ADHD” applied to me until I was fucking 25 and sought out a psychiatrist on my own.

I completely slipped through the cracks and I think my entire life would have been different - or at the very least less confusing - if I had been medicated or diagnosed.

OP how old are you? I’m 39. I think even just 5 years younger than me was a completely different era with tons of ADHD diagnosing going on.
I'm 45 and you are an impulsive little cunt that I also would've drugged into insensibility. I can't abide whipper-snappers disrupting my pedagogy.