• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What are the best headphones?

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
My ATH M50x just broke. One of the sides stopped working. I have no idea what I'm looking for, right now I'll just buy another pair since they have served me well in the past but theya re quite old now so I don't know if there are any newer, better, models.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
I call them "headspeakers"
Vos128.png

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Forum Clout
My Bose QC 2’s listen pretty good, but were a waste of money cus it turns out I hate wearing headphones and would rather use earbuds.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
I'll have to dig up the model, but the last few years I've been real happy with headphones and portable speakers from JBL. I usually buy direct at hamanaudio.com. That's the parent for JBL, Harman Kardon and a few other brands. If you can wait, they have unbelievable deals - like 70% off - around the holidays. My complaint with them, and this is more of an industry thing, is they are getting away from wired/corded headphones and everything is just Bluetooth. So the better on ear headphones are in their "Professional" category.

I liked the headphone market a lot more when the only headphones that were $100+ were made by Sennheiser or Bose. Then along came Beats and made $100 the price of 'normal' headphones. I'm guessing Sony sold a lot of $35 headphones for $100 because of Beats. But then the premium brands decided if the shitty Beats and Philips headphones are selling for $100 their headphones had to be $400. Then Apple indoctrinated their sheep and made them think they needed Apple brand headphones for $300, and of course the Apple flock bought it.

Bottom line is if you don't make a living in the sound/audio/broadcsst industry, $300 headphones are a waste of money. And anyone listening to shitty mp3 files on their phone using headphones more expensive than Skull Candy $10 inked earbuds is not making economically sound financial decisions.

Sorry for the Joe rant ........