Wayne’s World sucks- what are some other classic movies that don’t hold up?

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
We watched the whole thing again because my wife never saw it. It wasn't good.

Most of the Micheal J Fox movies are still watchable. Shame about the shakes.

Screenshot_20230326_073858_Chrome.jpg

EraGodless

I still like Wayne's World and Caddyshack is still great. I could not get through Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure-- I showed it to my 8th grade students in 2003/2004 and pretty much out of 150 students, maybe 10 knew who all the historical characters were. That was fucking depressing. Within 10 minutes they were all sighing and 5 minutes later, there were more than a few saying it was fucking boring. I hated to admit it, but they were right. Sniff.

I remember really liking Robert Townsend's Hollywood Shuffle and I watched it a few tears ago and it was meh.

But what do I know about comedies holding up, I still watch The Honeymooners, All In The Family, Family Ties, abd Three's Company.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Abe "Penis Pete" Vigodavich
I still like Wayne's World and Caddyshack is still great. I could not get through Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure-- I showed it to my 8th grade students in 2003/2004 and pretty much out of 150 students, maybe 10 knew who all the historical characters were. That was fucking depressing. Within 10 minutes they were all sighing and 5 minutes later, there were more than a few saying it was fucking boring. I hated to admit it, but they were right. Sniff.

I remember really liking Robert Townsend's Hollywood Shuffle and I watched it a few tears ago and it was meh.

But what do I know about comedies holding up, I still watch The Honeymooners, All In The Family, Family Ties, abd Three's Company.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure always bored me too. The only part I ever remember is Napoleon losing his shit at the bowling alley. Much like Wayne's World 2 is the superior Wayne's World, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is the superior Bill & Ted movie.

EraGodless

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure always bored me too. The only part I ever remember is Napoleon losing his shit at the bowling alley. Much like Wayne's World 2 is the superior Wayne's World, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is the superior Bill & Ted movie.
I've never seen the sequel to Bill & Ted's. It came out when I was 15 or 16 and that humor was already kind of meh to me. I didn't really care for proto-stoner flicks.

Last edited:

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
I think most Mike Meyers movies were trash. I tried to watch Austin Powers like 5 years ago, not seeing it since the 90's i think, I only got like 20 minutes in.

Wayne's World I would watch again, but yeah, it's not as "funny" as people made it out to be. Cool movie though, but I fucking hate the Queen song part. I heard Mike Meyers is a D-bag in real life, and it sorta shines through in is work.

Caddyshack is cool, havn't seen it in years thou? Ted Knight was a legit war hero in WW2.

-

One "classic" movie I never got, and not saying its bad or anything, was Silence of the Lambs. That movie always felt like a longer X- Files Ep. Exorcist 3 came out around the same time and is so much fucking better.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC

Dude Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure is a perfect answer to this question.

Bogus journey is pfg though. I still laugh when they keep winning games against Death