Watched Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
It was alright. Some good gags, some bad ones, with a lot of tepid and saccharine humor in between.

Probably my favorite out of the non-kiddy John Hughes catalogue but that's faint praise as it's done nothing to offset my growing realization that I kinda hate his work. I've been playing catch-up with alot of movies I never got to see and I like his the least. Ferris Bueller was shit. Breakfast Club was a snoozefest. All of it has this obnoxious cornball energy underlying it. I can't imagine anyone loving this shit and praising it unless you're a child of the 80s who grew up with these films and never matured since then.

Erock, comment?

EraGodless

It was alright. Some good gags, some bad ones, with a lot of tepid and saccharine humor in between.

Probably my favorite out of the non-kiddy John Hughes catalogue but that's faint praise as it's done nothing to offset my growing realization that I kinda hate his work. I've been playing catch-up with alot of movies I never got to see and I like his the least. Ferris Bueller was shit. Breakfast Club was a snoozefest. All of it has this obnoxious cornball energy underlying it. I can't imagine anyone loving this shit and praising it unless you're a child of the 80s who grew up with these films and never matured since then.

Erock, comment?
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead. I'm an easy target...

EraGodless

"I like me", oh do ya? Nice shower curtain rings and dead wife, stupid. It's a great film
It is. It's objectively good and it has aged about as well as any movie from the 80's- probably because Hughes and most writers/directors weren't trying to make "important comedy."

My dad who is relatively straight-laced was fucking dying laughing at the Steve Martin rental car scene. I don't think I have ever seen him laugh so hard--