• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched The Master (2012)

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
I've got something for you to watch right here 😜👇😜

(Dan Mullen consumes canine food straight from the tin)

G

Not sure why it was so hot when Amy Adams milked PSH's prick into the sink while ordering him to blow his beans, but it was. It's one of those films that's happy to let you interpret it how you want. They're usually the most interesting

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
It kind of ruled. Some great and intense scenes. Makes you respect the sort of gay profession of acting. Too bad Hoffman oopsie doodled on something.
It's a film with few flaws and rewards the viewer for picking up on all the nuanced bits put into it on rewatches. It straddles the line of being full blown pretentious, but just narrowly avoids it.

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
The Master was the last PTA movie I saw, and it was a disappointment. I think he either should have made the cult leader the main character or should have made Phoenix's character a true believer in the cult. What we had instead was Phoenix acting like a drunk vagrant for more than two hours.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The film is a faggy pretentious cowardly take on scientology. They should have gone for the jugular with the movie ripping on scientology and L Ron Hubbard. The director of the film screened the movie for many scientologists including Tom Cruise privately. Movie was made by Harvey Weinstein as well.

Same director did There Will Be Blood which was way more harsh on the early oil barons......the people that fucking gave us oil and gas energy for heating and cars and electricity. Than some retarded sci-fi religion that reads like bad Star Trek fan fiction. What kind of liberal commie pussy thinks American oil executives are worse than scientologists?

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
The film is a faggy pretentious cowardly take on scientology. They should have gone for the jugular with the movie ripping on scientology and L Ron Hubbard. The director of the film screened the movie for many scientologists including Tom Cruise privately. Movie was made by Harvey Weinstein as well.

Same director did There Will Be Blood which was way more harsh on the early oil barons......the people that fucking gave us oil and gas energy for heating and cars and electricity. Than some retarded sci-fi religion that reads like bad Star Trek fan fiction. What kind of liberal commie pussy thinks American oil executives are worse than scientologists?
I think the guy tries to make movies about interesting aspects of human nature. I don't think he's out to judge or criticize anyone. He presented that wild animal drunkard guy and the charalatan in a very non-judgmental way. Same goes for Daniel Plainview or any of his characters... I might be very wrong though since his movies are wide open to interpretation.

Thinking about the movie some more today, I think it ruled.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
WWAWD Wahkeen Phoenix overall? Do we like him or hate him?
Norton once ripped on him for playing the same part over and over again. And how his show business connections got him as a leading man despite his face being all mangled. It might have been during one of Patrice's movie rants.

When they filmed Gladiator he was told to just sit in the chair during the gladiator fights. But he said that if his character was actually a fan of death combat then he would be reacting to the fights. So Ridley Scott finally gave in and filmed Phoenix screaming like a maniac and sticking his tongue out pretending to react to the gladiators' getting killed. And it ended up being in the final cut.