• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Seven Psychopaths (2012)

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Enjoyed it until that dumb Precious fatso was in it. Took me out of it to be completely honest wit cha.

G

Great movie. Funny that it took another (English) Irishman to realise that Farrell is a character actor who just happens to look like a leading man.

Go back and look at how uncomfortable and what a crap actor Farrell was in all those post-Tigerland, big budget Hollywood movies he was in in the 2000s, when they were trying to push him as the next Cruise. Funnily enough his best in that era was probably opposite Cruise, as the sleazy cop in Minority Report.

McDonagh really gave him his renaissance in In Bruges and he hasn't looked back since.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Great movie. Funny that it took another (English) Irishman to realise that Farrell is a character actor who just happens to look like a leading man.

Go back and look at how uncomfortable and what a crap actor Farrell was in all those post-Tigerland, big budget Hollywood movies he was in in the 2000s, when they were trying to push him as the next Cruise. Funnily enough his best in that era was probably opposite Cruise, as the sleazy cop in Minority Report.

McDonagh really gave him his renaissance in In Bruges and he hasn't looked back since.
Good observation. I always found it weird that America tried pushing him like that when it's clearly not what he is good at. Loved him in The Lobster and even enjoyed him in True Detective.

G

Good observation. I always found it weird that America tried pushing him like that when it's clearly not what he is good at. Loved him in The Lobster and even enjoyed him in True Detective.
He was great in Tigerland (his American debut) and gave a real movie star performance, but it was the character and material. It was Cool Hand Luke in boot camp.

It's understandable that they tried to push him as a star because he showed the chops and charisma in that movie, but if you see him interviewed it's clear he's a very intelligent and deep-thinking guy. So throwing him in schlock like SWAT and The Recruit was never going to pan out.

I also read somewhere that he developed a quite serious drug problem at one point, probably because of the inanity of it all.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out The North Water. He's almost unrecognisable and as good in it as he's ever been in anything.