• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Mr. Baseball (1992)

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Not a bad movie. I had never actually seen it until just earlier and actually laughed a few times. Seems like a movie that's held up over the years.

This was just before Japanese players were in the MLB and the NPB (Japanese League) was considered a joke. This was a few years before Hideo Nomo came over the the US and opened the flood gates for Japanese players in the MLB.

I'd give it a 7/10

Site is a little odd, sometimes you gonna click play twice. If anyone knows a better link, feel free to share.

This concludes the first and probably last movie thread from yours truly.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I remember my brother and I catching this one in theaters when I was young. It was such an odd choice for us lol

We were the only ones in the theater, and at that age my tastes ran more towards sci fi and horror.

But I genuinely enjoyed the movie. Selleck is a solid leading man and I remember crushing on that Japanese girl.

I enjoyed it enough to pick up the DVD at a garage sale a couple of years ago. It does indeed hold up.

Mr. Baseball > Lost in Translation

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I remember my brother and I catching this one in theaters when I was young. It was such an odd choice for us lol

We were the only ones in the theater, and at that age my tastes ran more towards sci fi and horror.

But I genuinely enjoyed the movie. Selleck is a solid leading man and I remember crushing on that Japanese girl.

I enjoyed it enough to pick up the DVD at a garage sale a couple of years ago. It does indeed hold up.

Mr. Baseball > Lost in Translation
Apparently it's still used as a training resource for American players who are playing in Japan.