• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Manhunter

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The ending where he jumps through the window is garbage.
The entire movie is amazing up to that point. Nearly every single serial killer movie ends stupidly though with the killer going out in some huge shootout with the hero police officer. Hardly ever do you have these style of movie end normally with an arrest and a trial. You have nonsense like Se7en where everyone is overreacting and shouting and spouting religious quotes.

When the main detective jumps through the window it is comical. It is like a scene from Reno 911 and not a serious thriller movie. I remember laughing during the scene but then being angry that the movie took such a farcical turn from being so dramatic.

Angel Heart. Blow Out. Night Moves. The Wicker Man (the original). There are a handful of detective movies with serious endings. But even True Detective's first season on HBO went with the stupid ending like Manhunter did.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Forum Clout
such an amazing movie

one of the few things I don't hate.......holy shit is early 80's William Petersen kino af

G

Angel Heart. Blow Out. Night Moves. The Wicker Man (the original)
The three of those I've seen are all great. I'll have to watch Night Moves. Angel Heart is one of the most re-watchable movies ever.

G

Great movie. Always liked this poster they made for it. [URL]https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/mediaviewer/rm3209772800/?ref_=tt_ov_i[/URL]

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It’s a great movie but the ending just fucks it all up yet I still like it. Noonan was great and if I remember right Petersen did this and to live and die in LA back to back. Also Brian Cox playing Hannibal was interesting, especially now that he’s finally getting much praise for his HBO show. I read they changed the title from Red Dragon to Manhunter because the studio felt if it was called Red Dragon people would think it’s a kung fu movie.