Watched Alien: Resurrection (1997)

CuntFucker .

#1 Poster
It blew. There's nothing thrilling or interesting about it. Every scene is drawn out. It was so boring. The goofiness doesn't suit the franchise at all. The grime is overdone. It has the aesthetic of a commercial with xenomorphs in it. Also, nice ill-conceived ethical make-up of human traffickers, stupid.
I don't really like Alien 3 but at least you can't deny its place in the series. This piece of shit doesn't belong. They shouldn't have hired that faggot director who made that faggot Amelie movie. I might never watch Delicatessen (1991) or City of Lost Children (1995). I'm annoyed. I could have watched Blade Runner (1982)! Fuck!

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It blew. There's nothing thrilling or interesting about it.
The long shot of the Alien Queen that zooms out is one of the best shots in the franchise. The practical effects are still pretty good in a lot of places but awful in others. And the CGI aliens are horrendous especially the swimming ones.

The movie ends with it being revealed that Earth is basically wasteland that was abandoned. But even that is not enough to save it and just comes across as lazy.
The goofiness doesn't suit the franchise at all.
The comedy is not even funny either. Never even mind the serious aesthetic and nature of the franchise. Dangerous aliens that rape and murder everything in site. And the incredible vibe of the series that H.R. Giger created (who was deliberately not consulted for this film so they could make their stupid comedy film with the 'mother' alien or whatever that thing was).

Josh Wedon or whoever that fag is should be burned alive.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Can't exactly argue any of your criticisms, but I like how goofy it is and Brad Dourif chewing scenery never disappoints. The cripple's hidden weapon, Ripley's improbable basketball shot, the retarded halfie alien, all of it makes me smile.
I also recommend City of Lost Children, you might find the direction more palatable in an original movie instead of a tacked-on sequel to an already bloated franchise.

CuntFucker .

#1 Poster
Can't exactly argue any of your criticisms, but I like how goofy it is and Brad Dourif chewing scenery never disappoints. The cripple's hidden weapon, Ripley's improbable basketball shot, the retarded halfie alien, all of it makes me smile.
I also recommend City of Lost Children, you might find the direction more palatable in an original movie instead of a tacked-on sequel to an already bloated franchise.
Brad Dourif is always a plus, I guess. He kind of rules.