• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Vince S. Vaugh wearing sunglasses in True Detective

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
1648859368396.png

sorry it just took me out of the scene at the end

G

Never understood the virulent hatred for it either. Obviously not as good as S1 but people act as if it’s Mexican soap opera levels of shit.
It was awful, dude.
- Plot was intentionally opaque for no payoff.
- Literally every main character was miscast.
- Vince Vaughn, whom I don't mind, was atrocious - when he challenges the Hispanic guy to fisticuffs? Worst fight scene I've ever watched.
- The writing was terrible. A confusing plotline doesn't equate to a good story on the backend if we don't give a shit about any of the characters or the place they live.
- The shootout scene where they try to raid the whatever it was, I think it was the scene that closed ep. 3 or 4 (?), was very well done. But the entire rest of the season was unwatchable.

I finished season 2 out of respect for season 1, and that was it. I knew the season would be terrible after the end of ep 2, when it was clear even the show didn't know what was going on.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
It was awful, dude.
- Plot was intentionally opaque for no payoff.
- Literally every main character was miscast.
- Vince Vaughn, whom I don't mind, was atrocious - when he challenges the Hispanic guy to fisticuffs? Worst fight scene I've ever watched.
- The writing was terrible. A confusing plotline doesn't equate to a good story on the backend if we don't give a shit about any of the characters or the place they live.
- The shootout scene where they try to raid the whatever it was, I think it was the scene that closed ep. 3 or 4 (?), was very well done. But the entire rest of the season was unwatchable.

I finished season 2 out of respect for season 1, and that was it. I knew the season would be terrible after the end of ep 2, when it was clear even the show didn't know what was going on.
Can’t argue with your points honestly. Vaughn as a badass was really bad in particular but I dunno, it just didn’t enrage me the way it seems to with a lot of people. I’ve never rewatched it so I might feel differently looking at it now.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Agree with everything @ThePaulRNelsonnReturns said. S2 meandered and was just jerking itself off in search of a story that was never there. I did enjoy Vince Vaughns death scene, that was creative. I thought S3 was very good and closer to what I would expect from the show, but S1 was definitely tops.

Definitely agree with everything about S1 and with you about S3. Pizzolatto wanted to bring back the S1 characters for S4 but due to Covid it never happened and he’s off the show now.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
Just saw S1 for the first time yesterday. Where the FUCK is my Yellow King?

I'll be skipping S2 and watching S3. What makes S3 good?
I think the storytelling and the peeling back of layers is really well done. It's kinda similar to S1 in that it's being told as callbacks from a present day setting.
I’ve wanted to watch season 3 but I can’t because of Stephen Dorff.
I liked the relationship and chemistry between Ali and Dorff, one of the stronger parts of the show I thought.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
I think the storytelling and the peeling back of layers is really well done. It's kinda similar to S1 in that it's being told as callbacks from a present day setting.

I liked the relationship and chemistry between Ali and Dorff, one of the stronger parts of the show I thought.
Agreed that I was disappointed to see Dorff cast but he turned out to be very good in S3. Ali is always great.