• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Twin Peaks: The Return

quark

Theurgist
Forum Clout
Five years ago to the day, Twin Peaks returned after 26 years. If the original series was a playful pastiche of contemporary soap operas intertwined with dark mystery, culminating in a vury Lynch finale, then the return was an exercise in anti-nostalgia. It took the modern “prestige” style of television and did it in its own way.

It befuddled and amazed me when I first watched it and I want to know the thoughts and opinions of the denizens of da forums. What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it?

**Scream and cut to black**

G

At first I was very confused by it, cause it was completely different than what I expected it to be before hand. I went into it expecting more Twin Peaks but after a few episodes I realized I had to let go of this notion and just let it all wash over me and to shut off my analytical mind. When I did that I really started to enjoy it.

I did like that it was more or less a continuation of Fire Walk With Me in a certain way.

IanHalperin

Vibin'
Forum Clout
x.png

Forum Clout
The ending was perfect and I remember looking at the clock thinking there is no way they can wrap this up in 10 minutes.
The whole thing was like an elaborate deconstruction of the whole Twin Peaks mythology. He took it all apart, and let the pieces fall wherever they landed. None of it happened, and it was like it never even existed at all.

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
Forum Clout
I loved it as much as the original. There were a few really goofy special effects in it, but other than that, it was perfect.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
Too retarded to get it, I wanted more of the campy stuff. Rewatching S1 just now and there's so much humour.
aside from Dougie, the return is just a downer