• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This old quote could also be used to describe Pat’s writing

N64 Cube

Your home for Leonard Farthammer in the Morning
Forum Clout
21BAD4D8-B973-4099-AB0B-F1FF49B9F3F5.jpeg

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
Faulkner was from old money and was a freemason, but his dad wouldn't trust him with the railroad business so he wrote as a consolation

800px-Carl_Van_Vechten_-_William_Faulkner_%28greyscale_and_cropped%29.jpg

he hated Ernest Hemmingway for being self made and ambitious and from simpler (though affluent) origins. Hemmingway = someone like you and me, making it big on talent and ambition. Faulkner was someone like Hunter Biden or GW Bush, etc.
He was just gay and boring and an inferior storyteller. Papa Hemmy would have jammed his fist straight into Faulkners breadbasket if he ever mouthed off to him like that in person.

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
He was just gay and boring and an inferior storyteller. Papa Hemmy would have jammed his fist straight into Faulkners breadbasket if he ever mouthed off to him like that in person.
Despite agreeing with Hemingway on the use of big words, I have to disagree with you on Faulkner as an inferior storyteller. Light in August and Sound and the Fury are masterpieces, and he was doing world-building and shifting POV characters long before these faggoty fantasy and sci-fi writers decided to milk those to cover for a lack of talent.
He also has some great short stories.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Despite agreeing with Hemingway on the use of big words, I have to disagree with you on Faulkner as an inferior storyteller. Light in August and Sound and the Fury are masterpieces, and he was doing world-building and shifting POV characters long before these faggoty fantasy and sci-fi writers decided to milk those to cover for a lack of talent.
He also has some great short stories.
Nice analysis. Also, they both dealt with really different themes in their writing. I’m a fan of both and haven’t read Faulkner in years, I’ll have to revisit Light in August, I remember really liking that one.

Whatever your stance, none of them out faggot things in their books like Space Chili’s, Captain Kamala, etc.

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
Nice analysis. Also, they both dealt with really different themes in their writing. I’m a fan of both and haven’t read Faulkner in years, I’ll have to revisit Light in August, I remember really liking that one.

Whatever your stance, none of them out faggot things in their books like Space Chili’s, Captain Kamala, etc.
It was really more of a two-bit opinion than analysis, but I ended up looking into the feud between Hemingway and Faulkner. It really wasn’t much of one. They were being catty bitches indirectly as they likely never met and had very limited correspondence, but it seems like they respected each other’s work overall.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
It was really more of a two-bit opinion than analysis, but I ended up looking into the feud between Hemingway and Faulkner. It really wasn’t much of one. They were being catty bitches indirectly as they likely never met and had very limited correspondence, but it seems like they respected each other’s work overall.
Sorry, used the wrong word as I was just finishing up a run and was a bit winded (nothing you’d understand, Patrick).